Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Classic Auctions

I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.
    Meigray is investigating this for me. Classic Auctions has not been helpful at all. What's funny is that it's not Meigray's fault for describing the jersey's COA as a conclusive photo-match, nor is it their fault that the auction description was inaccurate in other areas.

Another day, another headache.

Meigray said there are missing documents that should have been included with the jersey. These documents would have provided insight to the "conclusive photo-match". Classic Auction is stating they never had these documents and is asking the co-signer for additional information. Without these documents, Classic Auctions could have never said there was a "conclusive photo-match" so they basically did ZERO research on the item before adding it to their auction.

Classic Auctions is not to be trusted IMO. Attempting to return the jersey (which I should be allowed to by now) has become a complete waste of my time and possible a waste of even more of my money if I am required to ship this to Meigray for authentication etc.

All I want is proof of their "conclusive photo-match" and i'll happily keep the jersey. The fact that they can't provide this proof and are making me jump through hoops, makes you realize they didn't even research the jersey before attempting to sell it. It clearly states in their auction that if the item is not as described, I am entitled to a full refund, however they are trying to pull a missing document from out of their behinds.

All of this nonsense after paying the ridiculous hammer fee in which they did not earn since they did no research and falsely listed the jersey without having proper documentation.

Is there anyway we could help you photomatch it? I understand you may not want to disclose your purchase, but i have found most members willing to help other members out in the past.

Sucks though about the entire ordeal you are going through.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Meigray themselves couldn't photo-match it.

That's not accurate, Kprst6.

As Stu has already told you, we already photo-matched it.

And as Stu already told you, we are happy to take a second look at it at no charge to help eliminate your concern.

We understand that you might not be able to easily see the exact match in the photo print you have. And that is why Stu already told you that if you want to send us the jersey we will help identify the exact match for you and re-print the photo, if necessary. At no charge.

Let us know what you would like to do,

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    That's not accurate, Kprst6.

As Stu has already told you, we already photo-matched it.

And as Stu already told you, we are happy to take a second look at it at no charge to help eliminate your concern.

We understand that you might not be able to easily see the exact match in the photo print you have. And that is why Stu already told you that if you want to send us the jersey we will help identify the exact match for you and re-print the photo, if necessary. At no charge.

Let us know what you would like to do,

Barry
    As suspected, this dude Kprst6 is off base!

Stu said you photo-matched a jersey that should have had a COA with his signature. That is a fact. Fact #2 is he said there is no way he could authenticate it without pictures or having the jersey in person. I sent him pictures and he couldn't photo-match it or he hasn't responded to me. So yes, Meigray was unable to photo-match the jersey based off of what I sent Stu. The other poster asked me for pictures and I said Meigray couldn't photomatch the jersey as a response. That is a fact unless Stu has additional information. Its also off that the main COA that proves the authenticity of the jersey is missing and/or was never sent to classic. Only the cosigner knows where the COA is with Stu's signature. At this point, it doesn't feel like a coincidence that the main COA is missing that ties the jersey to the photo.

This really has nothing to do between me and Meigray. Classic Auctions sent me the original email the seller sent them and the seller even stated he couldn't find a photo-match in the photo.

There is no way I should be held accountable for paying shipping + insurance to send the jersey to you guys for re-authentication. Stu never mentioned this would not be the $100.00+ fee. HE said after looking at the scanned photos, we would proceed. The last email from him stated the COA Classic sent me was a registration only COA and the jersey COA was missing. He also said a Getty photo would never be included unless he found
    a photo-match and zooming in on the digital photo would help. I sent him a response with 2 highly questionable areas that are distorted from shadows and from poor quality of the original digital photo.

Classic is talking to the cosigner to see if the have the COA, if I get the COA then the issue is resolved pending its a legitimate COA. If I don't get it, then Classic shoild have to pay Meigray for re-authentication since the jersey clearly isn't easily photo-matchable if it even photo-matchable at all.

If it can be reauthenticated at the cost of Classic, then the issue is resolved.

If it can't, then there is still an issue between Classic Auctions and I.

I only emailed Meigray because Classic took 4 days to ship the jersey, but 21 days to ship the COA. It all seemed too shady in my opinion. The fact that the jersey is highly questionable, has no clear photo-match as is stated in their auction, and doesn't have the primary COA, topped off with them getting the registration COA to me 21 days after I got the jersey, plus the fact the jersey was sent uninsured as a shirt marked as a gift, and since its from the Steve Latin era throws up a bunch of red flags. This could have easily been a Steve Latin game issued backdoor special and like most high end Penguins collectors, I won't buy vintage Pens jerseys without a photo-match.

For the price I paid, you can bet I want it to be legitimate, however it was also expensive enough to want a refund if its not as described.

Here are pictures of the jersey and alleged photo-match.

Again, with vintage Penguins jersey, you want a 100% conclusive photo-match. The only mark on the jersey in the front which is to the left of the "A", can be seen more clearly in this photo than in person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2055230...n/photostream/
    ^Picture of the jersey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2055230...n/photostream/
    ^Alleged conclusive photo-match

Maybe I'm wrong, however I do not see any conclusive matches. Yes, the flag looks approximately correct, however the jersey is wrinkled in the photo-match and cannot be defined as a conclusive match.

Look at how the jersey in the game photo has kind of a "ridge" where the yellow fabric in the shoulders meets the white fabric. Does your jersey have that?

The other thing I noticed is the "A" on the chest. The one in the game photo seems to have a wider, 'blockier' top. It may just be the camera angle, however.

Overall, the two jerseys looks very similar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com