Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kprst6
    • Mar 2011

Classic Auctions

Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00633.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	450.9 KB
ID:	732026

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?
  • gingi79
    • Aug 2007

Re: Classic Auctions

Classic is doing something common with auction houses, they argue sending them separately protects you in case one is lost. Take that for what it is.

The $50 value was because if they listed it as $2000, you might incur fees upwards of hundreds of dollars for tariff or tax or customs. Some horror stories here:

Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

Gingi is right about the taxes and duty fees. That is often why anybody shipping to another country will list the item at a lower amount. Also listing the item as a shirt rather than a game worn jersey will help prevent Customs from seizing it as a fake. If they inspect it as a shirt and find a shirt, it's all good. If they inspect it as a gamer and do detailed comparisons...that is where they may seize it.

Comment

• dirtyla2000
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kprst6
        Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

[ATTACH]50016[/ATTACH]

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?
        Wow! I have bought from them, consigned with them and never had an issue! I find Marc and the boys to be real pros! The biggest hockey stars in the world have consigned there stuff to them! I'm sure your issues will be resolved!

Comment

• Baseball83
          • Feb 2008

I bought from them and have been very pleased. They have great hockey items and are easy to deal with. Yes they did send my cert under separate cover and I called them for clarification. They were very helpful and I will continue to use them for hockey items!

Comment

• cjw
            • Oct 2006

I have consigned items twice with no problems. The owner, Marc was jusg here in Vancouver last month and picked up some items for the spring auction- good guy. You should call him directly and ask for his clarification/assistance.
            WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• aeneas01
              • May 2007

solid operation imo, and marc's a great guy...
              robert

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

shipping them seperately protects you. if the box gets stolen which is always a possibility, the thief does not have the coa and without that the item is much harder to resell. sometimes it takes time to get stuff. i bought a 4k jersey from another company last fall waited six weeks for coa.

Comment

• sammy
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Sometimes they don't have the COA from the authenicator when the auction is over and they are waiting on it. That has happened to me.

Comment

• kprst6
                    • Mar 2011

Update.

So I finally got the documentation 21 days after the allegedly sent it...

Now the bigger issue is that they LIED in their auction description.

What they sent me was a COA of a photo and a photo-reference, and the auction clearly stated:

"Comes with a comprehensive package of authenticating documents from the MeiGray Group including an image showing the conclusive photo-match"

What I got instead is a photo-reference as there is no conclusive photo-match or even a portion of the jersey that is photo-matchable and a COA that states the included photo is owned by Meigray. The "authenticating documents" COA from Meigray merely says the photo is owned by meigray and it shall not be copied. It doesn't authenticate the jersey and only authenticates the photo so people can't makes copies of it.

I also found out 25% of the auction description is 100% inaccurate.

Let's see what excuses they come up with this time!!!

Comment

• gingi79
                      • Aug 2007

I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.
                      Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• kprst6
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gingi79
                        I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.
                        Meigray is investigating this for me. Classic Auctions has not been helpful at all. What's funny is that it's not Meigray's fault for describing the jersey's COA as a conclusive photo-match, nor is it their fault that the auction description was inaccurate in other areas.

Comment

• kprst6
                          • Mar 2011

Another day, another headache.

Meigray said there are missing documents that should have been included with the jersey. These documents would have provided insight to the "conclusive photo-match". Classic Auction is stating they never had these documents and is asking the co-signer for additional information. Without these documents, Classic Auctions could have never said there was a "conclusive photo-match" so they basically did ZERO research on the item before adding it to their auction.

Classic Auctions is not to be trusted IMO. Attempting to return the jersey (which I should be allowed to by now) has become a complete waste of my time and possible a waste of even more of my money if I am required to ship this to Meigray for authentication etc.

All I want is proof of their "conclusive photo-match" and i'll happily keep the jersey. The fact that they can't provide this proof and are making me jump through hoops, makes you realize they didn't even research the jersey before attempting to sell it. It clearly states in their auction that if the item is not as described, I am entitled to a full refund, however they are trying to pull a missing document from out of their behinds.

All of this nonsense after paying the ridiculous hammer fee in which they did not earn since they did no research and falsely listed the jersey without having proper documentation.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                            • Jun 2010

Is there anyway we could help you photomatch it? I understand you may not want to disclose your purchase, but i have found most members willing to help other members out in the past.

Sucks though about the entire ordeal you are going through.
                            Cheers,
                            Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                            My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• kprst6
                              • Mar 2011

Meigray themselves couldn't photo-match it.

Comment

Working...