Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Classic Auctions

Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

Name:  DSC00633.JPG
Views: 1081
Size:  450.9 KB

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?

Re: Classic Auctions

Classic is doing something common with auction houses, they argue sending them separately protects you in case one is lost. Take that for what it is.

The $50 value was because if they listed it as $2000, you might incur fees upwards of hundreds of dollars for tariff or tax or customs. Some horror stories here:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=021907
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Gingi is right about the taxes and duty fees. That is often why anybody shipping to another country will list the item at a lower amount. Also listing the item as a shirt rather than a game worn jersey will help prevent Customs from seizing it as a fake. If they inspect it as a shirt and find a shirt, it's all good. If they inspect it as a gamer and do detailed comparisons...that is where they may seize it.

Quote Originally Posted by kprst6 View Post
    Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

Attachment 50016

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?
    Wow! I have bought from them, consigned with them and never had an issue! I find Marc and the boys to be real pros! The biggest hockey stars in the world have consigned there stuff to them! I'm sure your issues will be resolved!

I bought from them and have been very pleased. They have great hockey items and are easy to deal with. Yes they did send my cert under separate cover and I called them for clarification. They were very helpful and I will continue to use them for hockey items!

I have consigned items twice with no problems. The owner, Marc was jusg here in Vancouver last month and picked up some items for the spring auction- good guy. You should call him directly and ask for his clarification/assistance.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

solid operation imo, and marc's a great guy...
    robert

Banned

shipping them seperately protects you. if the box gets stolen which is always a possibility, the thief does not have the coa and without that the item is much harder to resell. sometimes it takes time to get stuff. i bought a 4k jersey from another company last fall waited six weeks for coa.

Banned

Sometimes they don't have the COA from the authenicator when the auction is over and they are waiting on it. That has happened to me.

Update.

So I finally got the documentation 21 days after the allegedly sent it...

Now the bigger issue is that they LIED in their auction description.

What they sent me was a COA of a photo and a photo-reference, and the auction clearly stated:

"Comes with a comprehensive package of authenticating documents from the MeiGray Group including an image showing the conclusive photo-match"

What I got instead is a photo-reference as there is no conclusive photo-match or even a portion of the jersey that is photo-matchable and a COA that states the included photo is owned by Meigray. The "authenticating documents" COA from Meigray merely says the photo is owned by meigray and it shall not be copied. It doesn't authenticate the jersey and only authenticates the photo so people can't makes copies of it.

I also found out 25% of the auction description is 100% inaccurate.

Let's see what excuses they come up with this time!!!