Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: 1999 Griffey Alternate Jersey in Grey Flannel Auction

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball83 View Post
    Why would you assume that I had this in my possession prior to the post?
    if you didnt have it in your possession then i am wondering what basis you used to call the shirt good? Are you a Mariners jersey expert and have a large collection etc? Without images, style and photo-matches, or extensive knowledge of a teams jerseys or LOAs, saying a shirt is good or bad can be tough. The bottom line is that if someone wants to say something is good or bad please say why!

Cool Re: 1999 Griffey Alternate Jersey in Grey Flannel Auction

First off, I will admit I made a mistake in my previous post and was looking at the image of the jersey from the earlier auction and not the current one in GF. Someone had posted an image and I assumed it was the same one. However, this still does not change my view on the spacing of the jersey.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, unfortunately that card does not scan well nor does it contain the exact amount of detail we need to settle this. Looking at the card in hand I feel that the nameplate is actually larger than normal on top but is still closer to the silver piping than the jersey at auction. My point being that while they both appear to be spaced similar, the nameplate of the card photo is close to touching while the Gf one is not even close since it is on the smaller nameplate.

In the end I still wouldn't bid on it and that's my opinion and I don’t feel the need to keep defending my opinion if he can simply say, “I say it’s legit, prove it’s bad” if he doesn’t have to prove it’s good. Where are the other jerseys with this same spacing? The small nameplate spaced well below the piping? Who is this impeccable source? Actually.. who cares? If the potential buyer isn't smart enough to read the thread, do any reasearch of their own and make their own informed decision, that's not my problem.

Interesting that MY exact scan was overlooked until it was reposted by Baseball83 and now he's getting credit for magically making the jersey legit by posting this "new" info

Just taking someones word a shirt is good is not enough for me anymore. Especially when it doesn't fit the standard for the rest of the teams jerseys.

In parting, nothing rings more true than the age old saying from Milt B. “Do your homework”.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Went for over 2,000 so someone seemed to like it. Makes me feel good abou the value of my jersey with his signed COA. Hope the jersey turns out good for the buyer.

Do you guys consider a Griffey LOA as good as gold in determining their authenticity?

Cool Re: 1999 Griffey Alternate Jersey in Grey Flannel Auction

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Went for over 2,000 so someone seemed to like it. Makes me feel good abou the value of my jersey with his signed COA. Hope the jersey turns out good for the buyer.
    Agreed, perhaps I was the only paranoid one about the jersey and who knows maybe all these photos helped in the decision to bid, maybe not. Kinda interesteing though how it went from.. opinions anyone?, to a bump to a couple pages thread.

Regardless of the opinions or outcome, this kinda stuff is good for the hobby, get things exposed such as pictures, style matches and knowledge about the jerseys is spread.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Banned

They also have an odd looking one on ebay for buy it now 2,250. Seems odd that it was bid up so early in the game, and know one waited towards the end. I just think its strange how there's no movement, and maybe there was a hidden reserve, and didn't want to take the chance of losing it for less than what was expected 2,250,curt schilling?

Banned

I think the owner of the jersey didn't want to lose it, and end up giving it away, after all the questions and negative comments surrounding the jersey! I can't say i blame them, i mean if it was mine, and i was selling it, i sure as heck wouldnt want all that negativity impacting the results of the auction in a negative way, just like BB83 stated in the beginning! That jersey sold for just under 1200 in a Leland auction back in 06', i think the jersey realistically in this market was deserving of 15-1700 out the door! 20% buyers premium doesn't help the matter...

Banned

And when i say that jersey sold, i mean one that looks exactly like it with the high piping and all...

Quote Originally Posted by bogey View Post
    Do you guys consider a Griffey LOA as good as gold in determining their authenticity?
    Since there is a documented history of Griffey selling items with these COAs they provide the best authenticity you'll find on his items other than an MLB hologram which will only exist on his last couple years and some of those only come with team letters. I think most Griffey collectors would agree with this.