Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Adam Dunn please hit the ball

As an Adam Dunn fan it is hard to watch his dismal failures at the plate.
    I am used to a .240 batting average but below .200 and 2 HR's is hard to stomach.
    I know, I know it's early but I bet Sox fans are worried about their new DH.
    Hopefully he warms up soon and gets the long ball going. I know he doesn't hit for average but I have always liked seeing him hit the HR.

Re: Adam Dunn please hit the ball

Sorry, not a fan of his. As a Cincinnati Reds fan, seeing him leave was a welcome site. Watching him piddle around in the outfield, take hittable pitches as he seemingly begs for a walk, and turn doubles into singles with his slowness was exasperating.

Too much feast or famine. 40 hrs was what you got. And not much else. It seemed for every run he drove in, he allowed another with his poor defense and slow speed in the outfield.

It wasn't even about the errors. It was the balls that most left fielders could go get, he just couldn't even get near. He definitely found his nitch as a DH. And I do believe he will get his bat going. He will get near 40 HRs. He always does.

Banned

As big as he is I can understand him not being a good outfielder. Whoever put him in the outfield was just as much at fault in my opinion.

Im a huge Sox fan and am still trying to deal with the fact that they spent so much money on him and is not showing much in return. I know its early, but if they wanted a .240 hitter that either hits a homerun or double and strikes out the rest of the time, they would have been better off keeping Thome around. He would have been alot cheaper and will produce the same numbers, not to mention a bigger influence in the clubhouse.

Banned

From what I have read Dunn is at least having a positive influence on Carlos Quention. Quention has had a much better outlook with Dunn in the clubhouse.
    Dunn may strike out a ton ( especially this year ) but I still would take his 40 HR's and 100 RBI over 90% of the players out there.

Banned

Dunn is one of the greatest pure power hitters ever. He is alot like Thome. strikes out alot, walks alot, low batting average, not much speed and can't field. He will hit close to 600 homers like Thome as well. I saw him play last year and he hit three homers in the game and it was just amazing to watch.

I think he'll be ok, as a Reds fan I was sad to seem him go, he is a good teammate and has a great attitude. His ability in the outfield wasn't great but he's not built for that and he was on a National League team. I appreciated his playful attitude and consistent RBI and power numbers. I'm still always pulling for him.

Banned

Didn't Dunn hit the ball to end the Liriano no hitter?

He just hit it on a rope to the shortstop for the final out.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Didn't Dunn hit the ball to end the Liriano no hitter?

He just hit it on a rope to the shortstop for the final out.
    for a split second I thought that ball was headed into left center for a hit

Banned

Me too. The ball was hit hard but the shortstop made a great play.