Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Who's bat is this??

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me who's bat this is?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Who's bat is this??

Marino Salas? He was a Brewers prospect in 2007. I've seen him sign his first name just like that, and his last name any number of ways.

Banned

This bat was made on 10/6/10.

It's Michael Saunders from the Mariners.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Banned

I don't think it's Michael Saunders. He never played for the Brewers. If it's his bat then why is the Brewers name under his name on the bat?

Sorry for the crappy pic it is a quickie off my phone. I have a blond LVS signed in person by Mike as well.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Cool Re: Who's bat is this??

I agree it is Michael Saunders.

Clearly there is an error on that bat with the team name. Although I guess it's possible the nameplate is stamped wrong if Michael never ordered bats like that one.

It's happened before with wrong team names, in fact there's a BJ Upton for sale now with "Seattle Mariners" as the team. BJ has never been associated with the M's, ever.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Cool Re: Who's bat is this??

I just noticed that Davis posted the same exact model, I'd say it's the wrong team stamp.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Banned

Thanks for the help!!

Sounds like what might be an interesting thread: "Bats with the wrong team name".

Of course, occasionally a player will be a non-roster invitee to somebody's Spring Training, and they'll get bats made up with the name of a team that they end up never actually playing for during the regular season, and usually the reference sites, like The Baseball Cube don't even make note of it. Those wouldn't really be "error" bats, and I've got quite a few of those in my collection - guys who never played for the Diamondbacks, but they had bats made up for ST.

I remember some time ago someone posting (possibly w/photos?) about a Jeter bat with a "New York Mets" inscription. I'm thinking that was a genuine screw-up.

The only - what I believe to be - genuine screw-up-at-the-factory bat that I own is a Luke Allen Diamondbacks bat; I actually have two, and the first one came from a Clubbie for the Rockies' Triple-A team, who told me that Allen got an entire order mis-labeled like that, and just decided to use them rather than send them back.