Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody receive any items from JO's first auction?

I see the 2nd auction is up and running.....Anybody receive their items from the first auction?

Re: Anybody receive any items from JO's first auction?

There are 2 of my 3 favorite NFL players in the auction and I already own my #1 favorite... Are these items originating from JoSportsCo or are they being consigned? I see a consigner login section but it doesn't say where the items originated.

I haven't but should tom. so i will update if i do. What did you win?
    I believe future auctions will offer cosigned items but they are still new and figuring the bugs out by doing their own stuff.

I haven't received anything yet but won the Moreno, Jackson and Asomugha.

That Moreno looked SWEET. Congrats on the pickup.

It looks like the first attempt at reserve pricing didn't work out so well? My best guess is the reserves are now built into the bidding?

During the last auction, I was surprised to get so many phone calls from JO near the end of the auction telling me that I was close to the reserve???

Today.....I can't ever recall placing so many bids and being instantly outbid on so many items.

That may explain so many bids so quickly into the start of the auction?

JO if that is not the case......My apologies and please let us know. Wouldn't it be easier to just let us know the reserves up front and keep everyone happy?

My tracking number says I should receive my jersey tomorrow. Let's hope UPS is right!

My Anthony Adams showed up last night with a couple other goodies I picked up. I should have pics up tonight in the Bears thread.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    It looks like the first attempt at reserve pricing didn't work out so well? My best guess is the reserves are now built into the bidding?

During the last auction, I was surprised to get so many phone calls from JO near the end of the auction telling me that I was close to the reserve???

Today.....I can't ever recall placing so many bids and being instantly outbid on so many items.

That may explain so many bids so quickly into the start of the auction?

JO if that is not the case......My apologies and please let us know. Wouldn't it be easier to just let us know the reserves up front and keep everyone happy?
    When making guesses, it is always best to educate those guesses with what you know about the culture and character of the subject you are making guesses about. In my contact with Jarrod Oldridge, he not only fails to apologize for factually dishonest (and blatantly unethical) sales practices on the part of his staff; he takes pride in it. So if I were to make a guess as to what to expect if I chose to bid, I’d assume every effort in the world would to be made to take advantage of me.

Factual accuracy should matter to a company like JO, IMHO. In its Bengal product line though, an item is offered with a “grass stain” for a game played on turf. Far less concerning than other historical misstatements within the same line, but still demonstrating a lack of attention or care for detail.

In the context of knowing that dated photo matches were purported by JO for other items when existence of such dated photo-matches were factually untrue, I think there are a lot of elements to consider with regard to what JO is, and isn't.

It is my personal opinion that candid, unabbreviated discussion about JO would benefit the venue and the hobby. One prior thread was closed, with a purported photo-match from JO added my moderators after closure. My photo rebuttal was provided to moderators but moderators chose not to add my photo, nor factual comments to the thread (as they did for JO). Ironically, its the misleading text and photo that were added post-closure and survive on the venue. The portion of a helmet sited as a photomatch (however belated) was presented in the moderators voice to be unique when in fact such was standard. Promises by JO to make further statements about the helmet after getting it back from an expert were not honored but the helmet is for sale.

I would argue that JO’s organizational culture is very acutely focused on short term profits.

As usual some real nice Jerseys......I have been looking for a nice TO but was slightly hesitant on this one.

"Jersey shows great use with ball and hit marks on the jersey."

If I remember correctly....this was the game where TO ran one route on the opening play of the game, tore his meniscus and was out for the season.

Maybe the great use came in pre game warmups or the date was marked wrong?