Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: I Just Got My Bo Bat Back From Psa/Dna "All Star Game Bat"

Changed the title back to the most recent thread.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
      • Sep 2012

Re: The saga of Bo Jackson's 1989 All-Star Home Run Bat

Originally posted by metsbats
      Let's compare the barrel to Bo's 4th inning ASG AB. Unfortunate President Reagan was in the booth with Vince Scully and took air time from Bo before his 1st inning AB. As Pwkw13 points out it'll be hard to tell if this is the same bat he used for both ABs

What do you guys think?
      I saw another photo of him in the dugout holding 2 bats. One was a Cooper and the other unknown as it didn't show the barrels. I could just see the Cooper colored ring.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
        • Sep 2012

Re: The saga of Bo Jackson's 1989 All-Star Home Run Bat

Originally posted by metsbats
        This pine tar application differs between the Bo ASG game bat and the one which was in the KC royals museum (Justin's bat)
        I'm no expert but I am not sure you can say it's not with the scale of the 2 different pictures. Too bad there isn't some grain detail that could be seen on the barrel.

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Do these grains match up?

I think it's apparent in this comparison that the pine tar does not match up.

I sent these photos to John Taube for his review to get his opinion too.
          Attached Files
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Justin,

John Taube would need the bat sent to him and he will get photos enlarged to do an direct comparison in order for him to make a determination on this bat. All costs of shipping and photos would be your responsibility.
            metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• sportsnbikes
              • Sep 2012

I don't know if they match. I can't see it well enough. I just don't how by looking at the different scales you can say definitively that it is or isn't the bat.

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sportsnbikes
                I don't know if they match. I can't see it well enough. I just don't how by looking at the different scales you can say definitively that it is or isn't the bat.

I agree. John indicated with bat in hand and blow up of photos he would be able to make a better judgement call.
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

Working...