X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kprst6
    • Mar 2011

Re: New eBay Scam Artist

Originally posted by kudu
    Remember, if you do get the package sent back to you, take it to the post office and open it in front of the postmaster.
    Since its signature required, I'm going to pick it up at the post office and open it there. I also plan on having an afidavit ready to be signed about the contents of the package.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
      • Jun 2010

Did the same as 34swtns .... asked something to the extent of that I thought I saw you sold these earlier, they the same cleats?

Their response:

My husband believes they were game worn in 1996. We did have a pair we sold back in November..this is not part of the same pair. My husband grew up with Dan Marino and lived in the same town. He received all kinds of memorabilia from him. These are psa/dna certified authenticity as we had a problem with the sale of the other pair we sold(now we do that with all of our sports memorabilia). Thanks for the inquiry!
      Cheers,
      Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
      My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by cliffjmp33
        Did the same as 34swtns .... asked something to the extent of that I thought I saw you sold these earlier, they the same cleats?

Their response:

My husband believes they were game worn in 1996. We did have a pair we sold back in November..this is not part of the same pair. My husband grew up with Dan Marino and lived in the same town. He received all kinds of memorabilia from him. These are psa/dna certified authenticity as we had a problem with the sale of the other pair we sold(now we do that with all of our sports memorabilia). Thanks for the inquiry!
        That sounds very familiar. Wasn't there a seller a while back claiming the same thing but it involved Lawrence Taylor?

Comment

• kprst6
          • Mar 2011

Update... I am not sure what's going on with the package, however I noticed that the status says it was out for delivery on the 12th and it hasn't been updated as of 2:00 p.m on 5/16/2011. Does this mean the package was seized by ICE and/or the Post Office?

The USPS tracking status says:

Class: Priority Mail®
          Service(s): Signature Confirmation™

The delivery status for this item has has not been updated as of May 12, 2011, 10:55 pm.

Detailed Results:
          Delivery status not updated as of May 12, 2011, 10:55 pm

Comment

• kprst6
            • Mar 2011

I also forgot to copy this, as the delivery date was supposed to be the 12th:

Expected Delivery Date: May 12, 2011

Comment

• momen55
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by eagraham35
              It cuts both ways...I won a pair of Dan Marino gamers and asked question after question BEFORE bidding. The seller said all the right things so I pulled the trigger and bid and won the shoes. When they arrived, the display case was trashed and the shoes inside were not as promised, not even close. So, I contacted them and they said NO RETURNS...paypal said there is not such thing as a 'no return policy' so I was refunded fully my money as long as I provided proof of delivery.

So I sent it all back insured and required a signature. When the shoes arrived back to them, paypal refunded my money. These clowns I got the shoes from then filed a false police report saying I sent back something other than what I was supposed to, so paypal then tried to take my refund back. I explained what I had done and I deserved a chance to be heard. Paypal said since a police report was filed, the case was closed and I lose.

The kicker is, the d-bags are now relisting the shoes they were supposed to have sent me in the first place AND I supposedly had NOT sent back to them. I called paypal and they basically said "oh well". The crooks got away with some of paypals money. I refused to give the refund back. Of course paypal froze my acct and paid the sellers back themselves. As far as I am concernend. paypal can stick it too. But the sellers of those shoes should be locked up. Here is their auction link for one of the shoes I supposedly stole and did not return...they are trying to sell it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAN-MARIONO-GAME...46039450808333
              i don't live far from they are but i won't be bidding on any of there stuff. or perhaps if i do and something stupid happens, i will be knocking on someone's door.

Comment

• sammy
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

What a couple of lowlifes. Be a shame if someone purchased the shoes from them and only received a dirty shirt and book.

Comment

Working...