[quote=ballhawknet;250111]
Quote Originally Posted by gnishiyama View Post
Wow..sorry to hear this happen.
So how is a seller suppose to protect oneself from
this occurring? Videotape yourself packing the item in
front of an eyewitness and having him sign off on an affadavit?

ABSOLUTELY !!!

I video tape almost every item I ship out . From wrapping it , putting in the box , putting extra tape around the box , showing the detailed shipping info on the box , to handing it to the counter person and walking out. One continuous shot so there is no disputing what I put in the box and handed off to be shipped .

A pain in the ass ? yes

btw , I also let the buyer know I am doing this as well for both of our protection .
If you do this, make sure there is a 100% photo-matchable mark on the box. Draw random squiggly lines that can't be reproduced even if you try. You can at least verify the packages are the same. If you don't do this, I am sure there is some loophole a buyer can say the package was different or that you made a video of a package you never sent. Also, if you mark the package as being "fragile", the package the item was sent in will get to the buyer in a lot better condition so they can't say it was tampered with.

I have contacted ic3.gov, postalinspectors.uspis.gov/, my local police department (that said they won't file a report), their police department (that just said how can you prove you are who you say you are? ), eBay customer support (The worst in the business), and USPS fraud services.

By reporting the individual(s), at least a trail of fraud is being documented. If they continue to commit mail and people continue to report them for fraud and get caught, at least one day they'll get what's coming to them. I also figured that if X number of people report them to show a pattern of fraudulent behavior, maybe one day I'll be able to get my item or money back.