I think I just shipped with fedex for the last time. I had a couple bats packaged up and ready to go when I walked in there, and had the shipping form filled out with an insured value of $1000. I walk up to the counter and when the lady sees the value she says...
"what's in the box"
"bats"
"they special or something?"
"yes"
"autographed or something?"
"yes" (they were autod and game used but didn't feel I needed to explain)

So, she could see I was getting frustrated from all the questions. And the guys working there were looking at me because I just told them there's $1000 of special autographed bats in the box. Now I couldn't believe what she said next.

"the reason I ask, is because if they are autographed or something and we loose them, we won't give you $1000. We'll just give you enough money to go buy a couple generic bats"... I can't believe that's the policy. I mean if you ship out some antiques are they just going to cover the cost of a replacement from walmart? Has anyone heard this before? I may be paranoid but felt like they were trying to get me to waive insurance after I told them the value, and what they were, and they were going to get "lost" right when I left.