Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grandpahoo
    • Jul 2007

My University of Virginia Cavaliers Game Used Basketball Jersey Collection

I bought a lot of 100 pieces, including several pairs of game used shorts and warm-up pants, but so far I've only had time to take photos of the jerseys.

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...7623158269693/
  • grandpahoo
    • Jul 2007

Re: My University of Virginia Cavaliers Game Used Basketball Jersey Collection

Originally posted by grandpahoo
    I bought a lot of 100 pieces, including several pairs of game used shorts and warm-up pants, but so far I've only had time to take photos of the jerseys.

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...7623158269693/
    Screwed up the link...hopefully this one will work:

Comment

• allstarsplus
      • Nov 2005

Where are all of their baseball jerseys? Would love to pick up a Ryan Zimmerman!
      Regards,
      Andrew Lang
      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
      202-716-8500

Comment

• grandpahoo
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by allstarsplus
        Where are all of their baseball jerseys? Would love to pick up a Ryan Zimmerman!
        I actually picked up a bunch of game used baseball jerseys and pants a couple years ago. I need to go through and see what I have.

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by grandpahoo
          I actually picked up a bunch of game used baseball jerseys and pants a couple years ago. I need to go through and see what I have.
          Let me know!
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• tom1315
            • Mar 2008

Just saw the jerseys posted - very nice pick-up! Would you part with any of the shorts?

I collect primarily ACC game worn helmets - have three VA helmets in my collection thus far- need some help with team rosters for the football team to truly identify the player who wore the helmet - need to go back and see what seasons they were worn.

Thank you for sharing!

Tom

Go Pack! 1981 graduate

Email tholder1315@gmail.com

Comment

• grandpahoo
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by tom1315
              Just saw the jerseys posted - very nice pick-up! Would you part with any of the shorts?

I collect primarily ACC game worn helmets - have three VA helmets in my collection thus far- need some help with team rosters for the football team to truly identify the player who wore the helmet - need to go back and see what seasons they were worn.

Thank you for sharing!

Tom

Go Pack! 1981 graduate

Let me see what I have with the shorts - I'll let you know.

As for team rosters, I can completely hook you up. I have a website dedicated to the UVa football team. You can find year-by-year rosters on the following page, as well as a spreadsheet with every roster going back 80 years: http://www.hoosfootball.com/Statisti...o/Rosters.html

Comment

• grandpahoo
                • Jul 2007

Thank you for sharing!

Tom

Go Pack! 1981 graduate

Also, if you post pictures of the helmets I can tell you what seasons they were worn. I also have a season-by-season summary of UVa's football uniform (with photos), going back to the mid-1950s. You can find it here: http://www.hoosfootball.com/Uniform_..._HomePage.html

Comment

• tom1315
                  • Mar 2008

Thank you! I will take pictures of the helmets and get them to you. I too will summarize what i have learned thus far re each.

Tom

Comment

• grandpahoo
                    • Jul 2007

Thank you! I will take pictures of the helmets and get them to you. I too will summarize what i have learned thus far re each.

Tom
                    Absolutely, happy to help!

Comment

• tom1315
                      • Mar 2008

Grandpahoo, i was able to take pictures of the three VA helmets today and move them from my camera to iPhoto. I cannot attach them to a GUU posting yet though. I had my IT guy at the office try and help and he could not. He and i will try to figure out the issue.

Would you allow me to email them to you? I have the following...

A navy shell with Adams 97 chinstrap, JIH (1998) dated Schutt facemask, all 97 clips and the #4 on the back. This one has the orange V strips and the V with the sabers. Per one website this style was worn 2001 - 2009 seasons.

The second one, a navy shell, 1997 recertification sticker, Schutt facemask with letters EHH so a 1988 facemask. The # 23 written inside. This style , no orange strips on top, worn 1994 - 2000 and again last season.

Lastly the white base shell, only two strips - front to rear - one orange one navy blue- with a 1986 recertification sticker. Schutt facemask with letters FIJ or 1990. The # 11 on the back.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Tom

Comment

• grandpahoo
                        • Jul 2007

Grandpahoo, i was able to take pictures of the three VA helmets today and move them from my camera to iPhoto. I cannot attach them to a GUU posting yet though. I had my IT guy at the office try and help and he could not. He and i will try to figure out the issue.

Would you allow me to email them to you? I have the following...

A navy shell with Adams 97 chinstrap, JIH (1998) dated Schutt facemask, all 97 clips and the #4 on the back. This one has the orange V strips and the V with the sabers. Per one website this style was worn 2001 - 2009 seasons.

The second one, a navy shell, 1997 recertification sticker, Schutt facemask with letters EHH so a 1988 facemask. The # 23 written inside. This style , no orange strips on top, worn 1994 - 2000 and again last season.

Lastly the white base shell, only two strips - front to rear - one orange one navy blue- with a 1986 recertification sticker. Schutt facemask with letters FIJ or 1990. The # 11 on the back.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Tom
                        I'd be happy to take a look at the photos. I just tried to send you a PM with my email address but I got a message stating that you're not set up to accept PMs. What's the best way to get you my email addy? Not sure I want to post it in a public forum...

Comment

• tom1315
                          • Mar 2008

I am sorry about PM not being turned on...please email me at tholder1315@gmail.com and I can then forward you two emails with the pictures.

Tom

Go Pack! North Carolina State 1981

PS I will reach out to Chris and get the PM activated - again I apologize.

Comment

Working...