Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomecollector
    • May 2006

Re: Eddie Murray Jersey Value

I've been lying in the weeds on this one for awhile now.When I first heard this one talk. ie ,read his comments. There was a light going off in my head. I said "This guy reminds me of Ken Golem" . I too checked the background info. But, the more I read. I am almost certain that this is our boy again.What do you say Ken? Pretend that this "The Price is Right..... Come on down
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• Airtron1
      Banned
      • Aug 2006

first of all who is this Ken Golem. Second of all why does it seem that some people on this board in general are always looking for a scandal no matter what is going on. if you look at alot of threads there is alot of name calling and grudges held here. i thought this board was to help people who collect game used items not bicker about everything and start pissing matches

Comment

• Airtron1
        Banned
        • Aug 2006

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that my last comment was not about everyone on this board. There are alot of individuals who I see helping out other members. There are just a few conspiracy theorists out there who feel the need to make any thing into the JFK theory of the third gun man on the grassy knoll.

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Airtron1
          I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that my last comment was not about everyone on this board. There are alot of individuals who I see helping out other members. There are just a few conspiracy theorists out there who feel the need to make any thing into the JFK theory of the third gun man on the grassy knoll.
          I am sorry if the fact that an eBay user with the ID Airtron48 bid on the same item you consigned to a local eBay consignment shop who stiffed me on a $900.00 bid two weeks ago and you asked about your item on this forum that we raised the question if you were the same person.

Just our method of doing business, watching out for all the angles.

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

first of all who is this Ken Golem. Second of all why does it seem that some people on this board in general are always looking for a scandal no matter what is going on. if you look at alot of threads there is alot of name calling and grudges held here. i thought this board was to help people who collect game used items not bicker about everything and start pissing matches
            Mike,

It does feel that way sometimes. However, exposing fraud is one of the best ways that forum members help each other. I'm not sure how long you've been in this hobby, but it pays to be extremely careful. It's rough out there. I don't know a single person who has not been burned. As such we try to look out for each other on GUF (and we do a heck of a job). If this situation is nothing more than a coincidence, then I can undersand your frustration. But I hope you can do some perspective taking, as well, and understand why Joel, Rudy, Roger, and others are concerned. It would be an amazing coincidence and it is probably one that is a bit hard for them to digest. I'm not passing judgment ... just trying to help you to understand their perspective.

Best wishes,
            Reid
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• indyred
              • May 2006

I was just curious in why consign it to the ebay auction seller and not do it yourself. What kind of % do they take? It is amazing on how good the detective work is in here. Makes for great reading and does help everyone out. Isn't it legal to bid on your own auctions on ebay. But very risky in that you might get stuck with item and the fees involved?

Comment

• Airtron1
                Banned
                • Aug 2006

Thats cool everyone I understand completely and was not upset at all this is just a hobby and I understand that you do need to be carefull. I consigned it they take 12 percent but they do all of the work and I have no hassels with paypal or naything. One time I had a individual pay me instant trasfer through paypal. So I shipped the item and then 10 days later paypal reversed the charges since the senders payment did not process through there bank. that is why I let them sell all of my items I move much more relaxing for me. I actually am glad you guys did give me the thrid degree beacuse it shows how much you care for this hobby.

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Thats cool everyone I understand completely and was not upset at all this is just a hobby and I understand that you do need to be carefull. I consigned it they take 12 percent but they do all of the work and I have no hassels with paypal or naything. One time I had a individual pay me instant trasfer through paypal. So I shipped the item and then 10 days later paypal reversed the charges since the senders payment did not process through there bank. that is why I let them sell all of my items I move much more relaxing for me. I actually am glad you guys did give me the thrid degree beacuse it shows how much you care for this hobby.
                  12% is an amazingly low fee. Most sales on eBay run about 8% - 10% to the seller in fees. I guess with eBay live they charge a buyer's premium, so it may be a reasonable commission.

Then again, I really wonder how much exposure an item loses on eBay Live Auctions from the regular eBay daily auctions.

Comment

• sportscentury
                    • Nov 2005

I would suggest that everyone read the following thread:

Simply unbelievable.
                    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...