Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Ricky Henderson Bat???????????

whats the deal with this bat is it a playoff used bat....I thought those were just given to players as trophy bats
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ricky-Henderson-...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Ricky Henderson Bat???????????

who the hell is rick hernandez?
    pjb

FYI

He spells his name RickEy Henderson, as opposed to Ricky Henderson on the bat

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    FYI

He spells his name RickEy Henderson, as opposed to Ricky Henderson on the bat

Eric
    Eric,

Actually, he has spelled his name both ways (for quite a long time). In recent years, he has predominately (if not solely) been signing his name without the "e" in fact. His spelling of "Ricky" on the bat barrel was standard for his Coopers, and many other bats he ordered (Rawlings, for example). Carolina Clubs and Louisvilles typically had "Rickey" with the "e" though. The auction seller states that his name is Ricky Hernandez which is simply carelessness/confusion. I understand these bats to be trophies, as well, but when it comes to Rickey, you never know ... he may have used it. See the following photos for spelling variations across manufacturers.

Reid
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Wow- that's crazy. I have never seen him spell his name that way. I am wrong- great info Reid!
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wow- that's crazy. I have never seen him spell his name that way. I am wrong- great info Reid!
    Eric
    Eric,

He's a "quirky" guy. I can't imagine waking up one day and deciding to spell my name Reed. And I'm sure it hasn't dawned on you to switch to Erik. But Ricky is as Rickey does ... or something like that.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.