Query: What happens to the price of Pujols memorabilia if he completely flames out for the rest of his career? Seems hard to imagine, but what if he ends this year batting .260 with 29 HRs? What if his numbers stay about the same for the rest of his career? Rightfully so, his "authenticated" memorabilia currently sells at an extraordinary premium. Only a handfull of current players game used stuff sells at these prices.

What would be the likley impact on his collectibles if there is a significant drop off for a guy who has already put up extraordinarly consistent numbers over the last decade, has several MVPs and a World Series ring? Are there any past players who we can look at as examples?

I'm a Phillies collector, so I don't have much of a personal stake in Pujols items. I only have a ball and photo signed by Pujols, but I know many GUU's members have shelled out big bucks to collect items from the "games best player". I'm not taking sides either way, but thought I would ask the question. Thanks.