On Saturday, I spent the day in Cooperstown to see the Grand Opening of their new "One for the Books Exhibit" (which I recommend you see if you can).

After the whole Barry Halper controversy with several items from his collection displayed at the HOF were found not to be as advertised, I now kind of look at the items on display a little differently.

Anyways, in their World Series section they have on display a Mets flannel home jersey of Jerry Koosman, noting that it was worn in the 1969 World Series (donated by the club).

Being a Baltimore Orioles fan, I try not to think about the 1969 WS often, but I recall reading somewhere (probably on GUF) that the Mets did not wear the MLB 100th Anniversary patch in 1969 until the World Series that fall (I'm sure someone here can confirm this).

The jersey on display did have the Mets patch logo patch on the left sleeve, however the right sleeve was devoid of any patch (I did look closely to see if any stitching of a removed patch was visible, but I could not see any). On the tail of the jersey, I also could not read the year flag tag, as it was totally folded inward.

I'm just curious as to other people's input on this (I know there are several Mets collectors here). The only game Koosman pitched at home was Game 5 (clincher) & photographic evidence does show the Anniversary patch on the right sleeve. Or could this have been a 1969 regular season top of Koosman that the Mets donated & just said it was used in the series?