Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: how many items does it take to make a "player collection?"

well, i have every card ever made ( expect a 1/1) and 3 game-used jerseys of Miles Simon so i would think i hav a player collection although its very small to anything anyone else has

I'm a huge Giants Fan and Buster Posey player collector in the baseball card world...

I have about 35 different Certified autograph cards and about 40 different rookie base and game used cards.

I just starting my Buster game used collection so far 1 game used 2010 bat and now looking for more...please let me know if you have any Posey items.....

I also have One autograph OMLB Ball and One autograph on a 2010 WS Champion Giants Team Bat

So, I consider myself as a Buster Posey player collector in the baseball cards world but a beginner in the Game Used world.

Please feel free to check my Giants and Buster collection
    www.alltimegiants.com

Thank you for your time in advance.

Mike
    alltimegiants@gmail.com
    www.alltimegiants.com

FYI- Buster Posey Certified Autograph Cards range between $60- $250 on ebay depending which ones you have...Beckett book value is almost double of ebay prices.

I have a lot of rare High Value rookie autograph cards.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan34 View Post
    I also had 3 Cliff Lee jerseys (now 2) and at no point did I consider myself a player collector of Lee.
    Good point. I think the biggest thing you need in your collection is the determination to at least look for more items of that player. Kinda like MarinersFan...he's got a few Cliff Lee jerseys but it doesnt sound like he's out to get every CL item he can find. I believe in his mind he is not a CL player collector even though he had 3 of his jerseys.

But me for example, I started out with 1 David Justice jersey and a bat, but I knew he is the guy i wanted to collect and I knew I was on the hunt for more items. At that point I considered myself a player collector.
    Always buying David Justice items

Banned

Freedie Freeman is the player I look for first but not the only player I buy.