Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flota89
    • Jul 2009

BMH or Anyone Else: Knob Question

Does anyone know why this bat, used in 2011, doesn't have the usual LVS engraving? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com
  • CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: BMH or Anyone Else: Knob Question

excellent question, been wondering the same thing... possibly a Berkman special request? Has anybody seen this on anyone else's bats? Curious too why the length but not the weight???
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• flota89
      • Jul 2009

Maybe the other engraving process quit working for a while?
      Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• rdeversole
        • Dec 2009

I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.
        - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
        Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Comment

• flota89
          • Jul 2009

They appear real to me, but I am really curious why the knob is marked that way. Hopefully an LVS expert can give us some insight.

Tyler
          flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• CampWest
            • May 2008

Originally posted by rdeversole
            I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.

I was skeptical because the same bat was pictured in two separate auctions, ending one day apart...

ending 5/30

ending 5/31

The only difference I could see was one was photo'ed against a white background, the other against a blue background...

Listed one day apart, with private identity bidders and ending within $2.27 of each other.

Thats the part that makes no sense to me... Why duplicate listings, with same pics against different backgrounds and possible shill bidding because of the private bidder identity... I dunno, maybe an honest mistake with the photos...

Q: Hello,How did you obtain the bat,if I may ask? Thank You for any correspondence.
            A: got several of them during spring training. Thats all I can say
            May 26, 2011 Q: How was bat obtained. Thanks
            A: I obtained a few during spring training, that's all I can say
            sigpic
            Wes Campbell

Comment

• flota89
              • Jul 2009

I was told he had a few bats. It appears there are two bats in one of the auctions. Maybe an honest mistake? So no one knows anything about the knob? I`m pretty curious.

Tyler
              flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• astros5.7
                • Oct 2010

I asked why he had the exact same bats listed in two auctions, his response is below.

Dear astros5.7,

because I own several of them! and I am auctioning two of them? why would you ask, thats not unusual....

- realsuperdave

I don't see a legit reason to hide buyers id or the bid history, so that was enough for me to stay away.

Comment

• flota89
                  • Jul 2009

Hey everyone, I didn't mean to start this spread as to the authenticity of the bats. I believe them to be authentic. I'm just curious why they weren't stamped normally.

Tyler
                  flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

Just reading this thread for the first time, I noticed the ebay seller realsuperdave..he sold 'retail' Ivan Rodriguez yankee bats as game used to myself and another member here....by the time I found out it was retail (BMH said that model was a retail only, no line even under the 125) the seller quit answering my emails & refused a refund.....
                    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• flota89
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tigerdale
                      Just reading this thread for the first time, I noticed the ebay seller realsuperdave..he sold 'retail' Ivan Rodriguez yankee bats as game used to myself and another member here....by the time I found out it was retail (BMH said that model was a retail only, no line even under the 125) the seller quit answering my emails & refused a refund.....
                      Hey, can you shoot me an email? I'm curious about this story.

Tyler
                      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• flota89
                        • Jul 2009

bump. Anything out there?

Tyler
                        flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• BMH
                          • Jul 2007

I've been out of the office since April 24th. I've been on an extended vacation

But, I will tell you unless there is a mistake, all Pro orders will have the date, length and weight on the knob. Our BPAS bats will have the date, model number and length engraved into the knob. Like I said, I haven't been there in a while and cannot verify we didn't do this on accident but I doubt it.

There are my two cents.
                          Brian Hillerich

Comment

• BMH
                            • Jul 2007

Ok, took the time to check out the ebay links. Yeah, those are BPAS bats. Lance hasn't ordered cupped bats since 2008. Those were a mistake and put into our BPAS racks for triple A players.

Sorry to whoever bought that one for 200+, it cost the player $28 to buy from us.
                            Brian Hillerich

Comment

• CampWest
                              • May 2008

Brian, Thanks for being such a great resource! Very much appreciated.
                              sigpic
                              Wes Campbell

Comment

Working...