Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BMH or Anyone Else: Knob Question

Does anyone know why this bat, used in 2011, doesn't have the usual LVS engraving? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Re: BMH or Anyone Else: Knob Question

excellent question, been wondering the same thing... possibly a Berkman special request? Has anybody seen this on anyone else's bats? Curious too why the length but not the weight???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Maybe the other engraving process quit working for a while?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

They appear real to me, but I am really curious why the knob is marked that way. Hopefully an LVS expert can give us some insight.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.

I was skeptical because the same bat was pictured in two separate auctions, ending one day apart...

ending 5/30
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINA...item25640fdf09

ending 5/31
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINA...item25641830be

The only difference I could see was one was photo'ed against a white background, the other against a blue background...

Listed one day apart, with private identity bidders and ending within $2.27 of each other.

Thats the part that makes no sense to me... Why duplicate listings, with same pics against different backgrounds and possible shill bidding because of the private bidder identity... I dunno, maybe an honest mistake with the photos...

Q: Hello,How did you obtain the bat,if I may ask? Thank You for any correspondence.
    A: got several of them during spring training. Thats all I can say
    May 26, 2011 Q: How was bat obtained. Thanks
    A: I obtained a few during spring training, that's all I can say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I was told he had a few bats. It appears there are two bats in one of the auctions. Maybe an honest mistake? So no one knows anything about the knob? I`m pretty curious.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I asked why he had the exact same bats listed in two auctions, his response is below.

Dear astros5.7,

because I own several of them! and I am auctioning two of them? why would you ask, thats not unusual....

- realsuperdave

I don't see a legit reason to hide buyers id or the bid history, so that was enough for me to stay away.

Hey everyone, I didn't mean to start this spread as to the authenticity of the bats. I believe them to be authentic. I'm just curious why they weren't stamped normally.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Just reading this thread for the first time, I noticed the ebay seller realsuperdave..he sold 'retail' Ivan Rodriguez yankee bats as game used to myself and another member here....by the time I found out it was retail (BMH said that model was a retail only, no line even under the 125) the seller quit answering my emails & refused a refund.....
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net