Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How "game used" do you like your bats?

I'd love to have a Matt Holliday gamer wether he struckout 3 times and grounded out with it, or if he sat out that game and just stood swinging it in the dugout!!! The point is if you really like the player you could careless how it was used, as long as it was used by them!

Banned

Cool Re: How "game used" do you like your bats?

I rarely buy bats...most of what I own were directly from players and coaches. Considering the sources, I don't get too picky about condition, although a piece missing (unless on the back of the barrel) is a definite turn off for me. Cracks are OK, wear can be heavy, light, or absent.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    I'd love to have a Matt Holliday gamer wether he struckout 3 times and grounded out with it, or if he sat out that game and just stood swinging it in the dugout!!! The point is if you really like the player you could careless how it was used, as long as it was used by them!

Agreed!

Preferred cracked , as it assures the use to some degree along with abused

Various McGwire Barrels

Steroid Era Bats - 96-97-98-99-01

If it has light use I do not want it. Game Issued , I'll pass.

Once you go game used and your fanatically picky regarding use then unless it is heavily abused , nothing else will suffice

Banned

I don't really care if it is cracked or not. As long a I am confident that the player used it I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    I understand your point. I guess it depends how picky you are. The majority of mac bats from the cardinal years that show up for sale have little or no use on them. During this time before bonds broke his record a insane amount of game issuded bats were lifted from his locker. So to find a bat from these years with heavy use is a task on it's own. He also used bats until they cracked so if you find a McGwire bat from the cardinal years that is uncracked and it Is not signed as he gave away signed gamers to charity, coaches, teammates and friends , if the bat does not have Provence in relation to those sources then chances are it is not legit. Therefore looking to acquire a bat from these years you have no other choice but to be picky. Granted these circumstances are different from most other players the over the top mac collector has no other choice but to prefer a heavily used bat. My 4 A's bats are all cracked in the same area near the green ring. I like cracked because their is little room for error when debating use. My 3 Cardinal bats have great use and have impeccable province. The province regarding mac bats from the cardinal years is more vital then any other period of years for him. Considering the bats are from 98 & 99 which are the most desired and rarest bats in terms of quality use. They are not cracked but they were used and then signed and given away to special people. The 98 was given to a former coach of his and the 99 was donated to a charity to be sold off to raise money. Both circumstances fit the criteria surrounding a quality used/ signed example from these years. And the 01 is the rarest kind of McGwire bat. It was used to hit a HR then inscribed which HR it was used for then given away as a gift to one of his teammates. Once again it fits the criteria regarding a quality gamer from this period in his career. At this point lightly used bats are out of the question .