Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebay question

Re: Ebay question

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    The buyer was "dolphinboy" how ironic...... a guy who constantly sells doctored items feels scammed. wow
    It's like rain, on your wedding day...

I can see where a buyer would assume that this was a game worn jersey based on the pictures showing proper tagging. While listed as "game jersey"...just what does that term mean?

Let's face it, we all buy some things on the hopes that it is the real deal and a good price. I too have been burned in the past and sucked it up. There have been other times where I have returned items that were specifically not what they claimed to be.

Asking questions is good...but how many times have you seen a jersey get pulled because certain questions are asked and the seller ends the auction to do a bunch of research. Then relist is for 5x the price the next week...there goes any good deal you were trying to dig up.

In the end...should the buyer be off the hook for assuming something? I don't think the listing was misleading....but the assumption could easily be made by anyone.

A quick look at the sellers feedback and I could see that he sells game used stuff on a regular basis. Buyer wasnt very bright thinking that someone that knows game used would sell a Meigray tagged jersey from a star for 100 bucks. He took a gamble and it didnt pay. He should not get a refund.

Not to take away from your post Jason, but something similar happened to me. Sold a T.O. Bills jersey my friend bought on BuffaloBills.com with tags on it and the 50th Aniversary patch to. It's sewn on, not screened on cheap one, but also not a high-gamer. Sold for $10, (ten dollars) then buyer (whom purely buys/sells jerseys as an eBay business) tells me its a "bootleg" and wants a refund. Don't know how nfl.com/BuffaloBills.com sells bootlegs.

He could have asked questions prior to buying it, but chose to take a gamble. I refunded without making a deal of it as it's not worth the hassle over just a few dollars in the larger scheme of things. But I agree with a lot of members that eBay is turning completely into a buyer-only friendly auction site.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Jack, Avoid the selling for a friend stuff on Ebay. That is often a bit of a red flag to buyers. In your case, I don't think that your buyer should get a refund at all because $10 is a reasonable price even for a knock off jersey. If your friend had the information that he bought it from the team online, you would likely have had a decent chance at winning the dispute as well.

Like I said before...sometimes buyers need to take things on their face and can't risk asking every question they think of (nor take the time/waste the sellers time). I'm not sure what answers would have changed the outcome there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    It's like rain, on your wedding day...
    Wow! I didn't know we had Candian Pop Stars on our board!!!!