Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perlman9
    • Dec 2007

Ebay question

So, I sold a jersey on ebay listed in the Fan/Souvanier section (not game used section) and listed as "game jersey", never mentioning it as game worn or game issued as if was tagged that way but was a knock off. The person bought it and now wants a refund saying that although I never mentioned game used or issued, I should have listed it as a "counterfeit." Now, keep in mind I sold the jersey for $100 when a game used would be 2k or more. But now the buyer wants a refund because it isn't used when I never said it was. If you were selling this item, would you refund or not? Thanks!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org
  • Jayworld
    • Jun 2009

Re: Ebay question

Do you have the url address available so that the auction wording can be examined?

Thanks.
    Jay Shelton
    jaywshelton@gmail.com

Comment

• kprst6
      • Mar 2011

Wait for them to return the item and tell eBay you sent them a "Grey Hilfiger or Fish shirt and a book on a black guy".

You might end up getting a dirty sock returned to you.

I bet this person knew darn well what they were buying and also knew that they could get this free from you as eBay will side with the buyer.

Comment

• perlman9
        • Dec 2007

Here is the exact wording

Carmelo Anthony Denver Nuggets Game jersey Go Green (Title)

For sale is a Carmelo Anthony special Go Green Denver Nuggets jersey. A great looking jersey with all sewn-on letters and numbers. Great for the Melo or Denver fan. Who cares if he went to the New York Knicks, this is a great Nuggets jersey!

Again, listed in Fan Memorabilia section, NOT Game worn section to try and mislead as I have seen hundreds of others to
        Jason Perlman
        jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• kprst6
          • Mar 2011

Was this a borntrade.com knockoff jersey? If so, I believe the buyer is right in this situation.

If the jersey was not the same material and quality you could get at a store and is a borntrade.com fake Chinese knockoff, I too would be upset if someone sold me a $25.00 jersey for $100.00.

Comment

• perlman9
            • Dec 2007

I have no clue where the jersey was made, but just seems to me that questions could be asked before hand, but maybe I am just one who takes responsibility if I bid without asking the correct questions? But if most people feel a refund is in order, I will do that. Just seems that it would make sense in this scenario to bid on everything that has the possibility of being something special in hopes it is the real deal, and just ask for money back if it's not. I have bought several items I thought were something else than I expected but ended up with them as I felt is was my responsibility to ask the correct questions before I bid and if I didn't, then it was my fault. As I stated, he could have asked "Is this a game-worn jersey?" Just my take on it but again, if most people feel differently, then I will refund the money.
            Jason Perlman
            jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• BULBUS
              • Nov 2005

These days, as a seller, your hands are tied. You pretty much have to refund their money. Apparently Ebay wants buyers to feel like they are buying from large retailers and can return anything they buy, no questions asked.

-Chris
              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
              sigpic
              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Don't let the prospect of a big payment blind you from doing the right thing.

Comment

• otismalibu
                  • Nov 2005

So it even has a Meigray tag?
                  Greg
                  DrJStuff.com

Comment

• perlman9
                    • Dec 2007

Yep, this is how I bought it from Craigslist and answered several questions that were asked the same way for those that asked prior if it was game worn...
                    Jason Perlman
                    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                      • Jun 2010

I wouldn't refund it at all. I'd let eBay settle it first. If that is the way the auction was posted, and I read it, I don't see the reasoning behind the buyers returns besides buyers' remorse. Maybe he was hoping to get lucky and get a GU item for cheap, then when he realized he didn't, wanted to return it.

Either way, that is BS in my eyes.
                      Cheers,
                      Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                      My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• perlman9
                        • Dec 2007

Thanks Jack, I agree with you totally but decided to refund the money. It is frustrating when these things happen and I agree 100% knowing the buyer. If it ended up being a game-worn I don't think he would say, here is an extra $1k for the jersey since it is real, but because he didn't make out I am to blame. Oh well, I even already had positive feedback from him so really didn't have to do anything, but decided to not fuss with it and as seems to be the case in today's word, sometimes we have to get burnt when others won't take responsibility for their own mistakes. But I appreciate someone seeing it as I see the transaction.
                        Jason Perlman
                        jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• astros5.7
                          • Oct 2010

If you had listed it as a bootleg retail jersey, then I would be on your side. But you knew the jersey was a knock off when you listed it and made no mention of it, so I think refunding the money was the right thing to do.

Comment

• perlman9
                            • Dec 2007

At one point I listed it that way and had so many emails asking bout why it was fake, how did I know, i removed the listing just because I was tired of all the emails. That is why I listed AWAY from Game Used in in the fans/souveniers section which should speak for itself it is probably not a game worn Melo jersey for $189 OBO. Now, if the issue from the buyer was how the jersey was made, etc I may have agreed with the buyer but since his issue was he didn't make out getting a $2k jersey for $100 because it wasn't worn or issued and wanted a refund, I think that is not my fault. As the seller I answered several emails asking if was game used and answered that it was not, and since that is what the buyer wanted, he could have easily been asked. It would be like me buying any jersey that doesn't say retail and hope its game used, and when not, return it because they didn't list it as "retail" or whatever. If I see a jersey that is questionable when i am looking for a game used I will email questions. If i buy and find out I didn't ask the right questions, then it is MY fault as the buyer not getting proper information. If the seller gives me false info, that is different. In this case, the buyer was looking to make a huge profit, didn't get it and cried foul, IMO anyway. But money was refunded so all good on the Western front.
                            Jason Perlman
                            jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• 5kRunner
                              • Aug 2007

In my opinion the problem lies in the fact that you listed it as a "Game Jersey" and then list the condition as "Used". You may have confused the buyer as to who "used" the jersey.
                              SCOTT
                              scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...