Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay question

Ebay question

So, I sold a jersey on ebay listed in the Fan/Souvanier section (not game used section) and listed as "game jersey", never mentioning it as game worn or game issued as if was tagged that way but was a knock off. The person bought it and now wants a refund saying that although I never mentioned game used or issued, I should have listed it as a "counterfeit." Now, keep in mind I sold the jersey for $100 when a game used would be 2k or more. But now the buyer wants a refund because it isn't used when I never said it was. If you were selling this item, would you refund or not? Thanks!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Re: Ebay question

Do you have the url address available so that the auction wording can be examined?

Thanks.

Wait for them to return the item and tell eBay you sent them a "Grey Hilfiger or Fish shirt and a book on a black guy".

You might end up getting a dirty sock returned to you.

I bet this person knew darn well what they were buying and also knew that they could get this free from you as eBay will side with the buyer.

Here is the exact wording

Carmelo Anthony Denver Nuggets Game jersey Go Green (Title)

For sale is a Carmelo Anthony special Go Green Denver Nuggets jersey. A great looking jersey with all sewn-on letters and numbers. Great for the Melo or Denver fan. Who cares if he went to the New York Knicks, this is a great Nuggets jersey!

Again, listed in Fan Memorabilia section, NOT Game worn section to try and mislead as I have seen hundreds of others to
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Was this a borntrade.com knockoff jersey? If so, I believe the buyer is right in this situation.

If the jersey was not the same material and quality you could get at a store and is a borntrade.com fake Chinese knockoff, I too would be upset if someone sold me a $25.00 jersey for $100.00.

I have no clue where the jersey was made, but just seems to me that questions could be asked before hand, but maybe I am just one who takes responsibility if I bid without asking the correct questions? But if most people feel a refund is in order, I will do that. Just seems that it would make sense in this scenario to bid on everything that has the possibility of being something special in hopes it is the real deal, and just ask for money back if it's not. I have bought several items I thought were something else than I expected but ended up with them as I felt is was my responsibility to ask the correct questions before I bid and if I didn't, then it was my fault. As I stated, he could have asked "Is this a game-worn jersey?" Just my take on it but again, if most people feel differently, then I will refund the money.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

These days, as a seller, your hands are tied. You pretty much have to refund their money. Apparently Ebay wants buyers to feel like they are buying from large retailers and can return anything they buy, no questions asked.

-Chris

Banned

Don't let the prospect of a big payment blind you from doing the right thing.

Yep, this is how I bought it from Craigslist and answered several questions that were asked the same way for those that asked prior if it was game worn...
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org