Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

I know i will get slammed for this.But this kid is just that a kid.And he needs to understand he is playing pro baseball and not wiffleball with the neighborhood kids anymore.He will wise up when he gets called up and gets one in the ear flap.Lets see him blow a kiss or wear his lady gaga eye make-up then.Kid has talent i will give him that.But i dont like his antics-

i saw him play a week ago in hagerstown, the cockiness is well warranted. he is ridiculously good, its kind of scary. i hope zimmerman being down there for a game or two helped him out, he seems like a good influence
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

I dont understand why being good makes it warrented to be cocky.I mean you can be great and still have class.I understand he is still a kid but he is getting attention for the wrong reasons.Let your talent get you attention and not your silly antics.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJaeger22 View Post
    i saw him play a week ago in hagerstown, the cockiness is well warranted. he is ridiculously good, its kind of scary. i hope zimmerman being down there for a game or two helped him out, he seems like a good influence

thats very true, im surprised his next AB he didnt get a ball to the back
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

He did'nt-wow.Yeah i am surprised at that.He would in the majors especially in the good old days of beanball.
    thats very true, im surprised his next AB he didnt get a ball to the back

they said they gave him a brush back but i would have thought more would be expected
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

If this is the worst thing the kid does before he reaches his twenties, he is doing A OK in my book. If any other player drafted in the 20th round did something like this, only the 400 people in the stadium would ever know about it.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

yanks12025,
    I bet you flipped your lid when Ortiz flipped his bat!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...d_sox_yankees/

What does he have to be cocky about ? He will play for the Nationals one day !

I agree with some of you. Just because he is good doesn't warrant cockiness. The classic saying is: "Pride comes before the fall." Yes, he is talented, but he shouldn't flaunt it. It may not last. How many players have killed it in A ball only to suck eggs in the Majors? AA, AAA, and the Bigs is much different than A ball or even College for that matter.
    He has alot of potential, but if he remains cocky, his fan-base will thin and then what good is it?
    Baseball is a game of class. We don't need another Ty Cobb in the league in terms of attitude. Not unless we have a Honus Wagner to keep him in place!