Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

I didn't say he was Spiderman or God. I was just making a point that he can't be excused just because he has skills and talent. Obviously you have an attachment to him (which is cool) because anytime anyone says something about the incident, you get all defensive and ready to confront.
    Like I alluded to before, MLB does not need another Ty Cobb who thinks he can do or say whatever he wants because he is that good. Just not good for business, career, or life.
    Lets learn from other's past mistakes:
    "In his last days, Cobb spent some time with the old movie comedian Joe E. Brown, talking about the choices Cobb had made in his life. He told Brown that he felt that he had made mistakes, and that he would do things differently if he could. He had played hard and lived hard all his life, and had no friends to show for it at the end, and he regretted it."

Banned

The only "attachment" I have with Harper is the fact that I am tired of grown men taking pot shots at an 18 year old.
    He has not even gotten out of A ball and you are comparing him to Ty Cobb.
    Very nice of you to compare him to a dirty player and a racist.
    Where do you get a degree to judge others? Or is it just your way of being a good role model?
    If you have children or plan on having them one then I hope for their sakes that they are perfect.

Banned

You're right that baseball doesn't need another Ty Cobb.
    Baseball needs someone who plays like Pete Rose.
    I see the same fire in Harper as I saw in Rose.
    I can only hope that he keeps that fire and doesn't let complainers put it out.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    The only "attachment" I have with Harper is the fact that I am tired of grown men taking pot shots at an 18 year old.
    He has not even gotten out of A ball and you are comparing him to Ty Cobb.
    Very nice of you to compare him to a dirty player and a racist.
    Where do you get a degree to judge others? Or is it just your way of being a good role model?
    If you have children or plan on having them one then I hope for their sakes that they are perfect.
    Age is not a factor in the criticism of Harper. He fast- tracked himself to be a professional baseball player. That is what he now is, a professional. With accolades will also come criticism - whether he is 18 or 38. From several accounts he plays the game very hard and from others he sounds like a real punk. I personally don't care much for him. Incidents like blowing kisses at pitchers after home runs and wearing eye black like a pro wrestler will not sit well with his peers.

Freemon dude,

I'm not saying he has to be perfect, I'm saying just be a professional. Not a stupid punk. And yeah, if I have kids I would hope they are professionals and not punk kids with a better than you attitude.
    I just worry when peeps like you have kids and let them do whatever they want and use the excuse "nobody is perfect".

Bottom Line: Harper does not hold himself like a professional. That's it. It's a yes or no situation, and in Harper's case, it's a "No" so far. Maybe he will grow out of it, maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Mike Schmidt quoted as saying:

"The competition on the field is gonna have to figure out a way to police this young man, if indeed his manager won't, the game will end up taking care of him."

Mike couldn't have said it better. As Jackie Gleason said "Pow, right in the kisser."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Freemon dude,

I'm not saying he has to be perfect, I'm saying just be a professional. Not a stupid punk. And yeah, if I have kids I would hope they are professionals and not punk kids with a better than you attitude.
    I just worry when peeps like you have kids and let them do whatever they want and use the excuse "nobody is perfect".

Bottom Line: Harper does not hold himself like a professional. That's it. It's a yes or no situation, and in Harper's case, it's a "No" so far. Maybe he will grow out of it, maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.
    This "peep" has 3 boys. All of whom have been raised to never think they are better than anyone else.
    To know that while no one is perfect but that there consiquences to your actions.
    They go to bed at 8 pm on school nights and 9 pm on non-school nights.
    They say yes sir and yes maam.
    They get whippings when they need them.
    They hold the door for others.
    They do chores around the house.
    They do not get an allowence. They are taught that we are all part of a family and work together.

So yes this "peep" does teach his sons that nobody is perfect.
    This "peep" also teaches his boys that those who point there finger the most have 3 more pointed back at them.

It amazes this "peep" how people expect everyone to be what they think they should be while being what they hate the most.

Banned

Mike Schmidt quoted as saying:

"The competition on the field is gonna have to figure out a way to police this young man, if indeed his manager won't, the game will end up taking care of him."

Mike couldn't have said it better. As Jackie Gleason said "Pow, right in the kisser."
    Woohoo, lets root for some violence. The kid blows a kiss and you want him hit with a baseball. Way to go sport.

Congratulations to you and your family. Although like Harper, based on some of your comments and retorts on this thread, we wouldn't even imagine that you were an adult with children.
    I am not saying Harper needs to live up to what I expect out of him, I'm just saying he has a job as a professional and he is not being professional. Even you can't deny that what he did was classless and UNPROFESSIONAL. That's all! He can smoke crack, beat his kids, kick dogs...I DON'T CARE! Just stating the fact that he is in A Ball and he is making a big deal about "how good he is" and A Ball results don't mean anything! And you defend him like it's ok to watch your home run for a few seconds and blow kisses at pitchers like you are God's gift to the world? Ridiculous!

And about him getting hit with a baseball, that is not what I was saying at all! I don't hope for it. LOL But I can't say that he didn't deserve it when it happens. You reap what you sow. And I'm out!

Banned

Congratulations to you and your family. Although like Harper, based on some of your comments and retorts on this thread, we wouldn't even imagine that you were an adult with children.
    I am not saying Harper needs to live up to what I expect out of him, I'm just saying he has a job as a professional and he is not being professional. Even you can't deny that what he did was classless and UNPROFESSIONAL. That's all! He can smoke crack, beat his kids, kick dogs...I DON'T CARE! Just stating the fact that he is in A Ball and he is making a big deal about "how good he is" and A Ball results don't mean anything! And you defend him like it's ok to watch your home run for a few seconds and blow kisses at pitchers like you are God's gift to the world? Ridiculous!

And about him getting hit with a baseball, that is not what I was saying at all! I don't hope for it. LOL But I can't say that he didn't deserve it when it happens. You reap what you sow. And I'm out!
    We? Maybe that fact that I believe in giving an 18 year old a chance to grow up and mature should have been a clue that I have kids.
    I knew right away that you didn't have children. That was easy to see.