X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freddiefreeman5
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

I'm really glad to see so many on here who are perfect and have no faults.
    Bunch of spoiled children pointing and making fun of other children.

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

WOW! All of this fallout from a simple little kiss gesture????

I see now that it is the end to sports as we know it. In the future I bet there will be cocky players, some with attitudes, and God (or whoever Frik wants to substitute) forbid even taunting.....I better stop watching games now before if things get out of hand.

Comment

• d2ray13
        • Feb 2006

Take it from a 19 year old ball player who's played against Bryce...

Kid's a stud, period.

He also hit a home run off of some dude that will be bagging groceries or shoveling horse shit next year in Podunk.

I played against him twice in East Cobb, Georgia, and he was over the top, Mr. Perfect. Shook everyone's hand, "Good Game, God Bless. Good Game, God Bless." (What else would a client of Mr. Boras' do? He wants this picture perfect, I'm a good little Christian boy image.) BS.

Now, I'm also a catcher, if that f*cker didn't get dosed the AB after that, I've lost hope for the game of baseball.

You're 18 Harp, you got a long ways to go, ride that high horse as long as you can kid, because you're in for a rude awakening.

Comment

• d2ray13
          • Feb 2006

With that said, and without having read any of these posts, I immediately regret posting that.

We're talking baseball guys, not religious beliefs.

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
            Nothing wrong with a pop on the butt to get a childs attention.

You send yours to the corner or take away their xbox I suppose.

Or do you not have kids and just talking about something you know nothing about?
            I don't have to have kids to have read that spanking leads to anxiety and violence in children. You should do a google search on the topic; there is a bunch of evidence that such treatment of children is hardly benign.

Plus, I'm in my mid-twenties. I'm not married, so therefore, I'm neither ready nor equipped to have children at this point.

But back to baseball, I'm not sure it's completely a matter of how you raise your kids. Some good, attentive parents have offspring who get into trouble with the law and with drugs and alcohol. They are left shaking their heads and wondering what they could have done differently. Look at Josh Hamilton's parents; they couldn't prevent his cascade into problem behaviors.

Bryce Harper has a lot of growing up to do. Though honestly, I wouldn't want someone to judge me for life for what I did when I was in my late teens and early twenties. So I do see what you're saying there.

-Frik
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• coxfan
              • Feb 2009

His older brother, Bryan Harper, is a spot reliever with the South Carolina Gamecocks. I assume he's on the plane to Omaha now. I think he pitched in the Super-Regional. Thus, he might play on ESPN in the College World Series.

Comment

Working...