Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJaeger22
    • Oct 2010

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

they said they gave him a brush back but i would have thought more would be expected
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• AWA85
      • Jan 2008

If this is the worst thing the kid does before he reaches his twenties, he is doing A OK in my book. If any other player drafted in the 20th round did something like this, only the 400 people in the stadium would ever know about it.
      Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

yanks12025,
        I bet you flipped your lid when Ortiz flipped his bat!

Comment

• dirtyla2000
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DJaeger22
          i saw him play a week ago in hagerstown, the cockiness is well warranted. he is ridiculously good, its kind of scary. i hope zimmerman being down there for a game or two helped him out, he seems like a good influence
          What does he have to be cocky about ? He will play for the Nationals one day !

Comment

• brianborsch
            • Dec 2005

I agree with some of you. Just because he is good doesn't warrant cockiness. The classic saying is: "Pride comes before the fall." Yes, he is talented, but he shouldn't flaunt it. It may not last. How many players have killed it in A ball only to suck eggs in the Majors? AA, AAA, and the Bigs is much different than A ball or even College for that matter.
            He has alot of potential, but if he remains cocky, his fan-base will thin and then what good is it?
            Baseball is a game of class. We don't need another Ty Cobb in the league in terms of attitude. Not unless we have a Honus Wagner to keep him in place!

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

His fan base will be as big as anyones.

Look at how many people here collect players who are known cheaters.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

You also have people who collect and love players who are not only jerks on the field off of it too.

I think some of you really don't know these players like you think you do.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                  • May 2009

His fan base will be big as long as he produces. If he's a flop, then everyone will be on the next hyped prospect (Trout, Starling, etc.). Unless you personally know Bryce Harper, which I'm banking on no one here does, you really can only base your opinion by how he handles himself on the field and with the media. It seems though players at the Major League level are a little put off by the guy. I remember when he struck out in his first big league spring training at-bat and struck out, a player quipped on how they don't throw 90 mph in college ball. Seems like a harmless guy when a bat isn't in his hands, but really does not properly carry himself.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Yeah, how a player handles himself should count for something.
                    Maybe he should take some tips from your favorite player Lastings Milledge.
                    Lets take a look at how your favorite player has handled himself over the past few years.

Mets prospect Lastings Milledge is in trouble with the team once again, this time for making a rap CD that uses foul and offensive language.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

When did I ever say Milledge is a quintessential role model player? Look at how he previously handled himself (still has some attitude issues today) and his lack of production. Where's his fan base? Me? Probably that's it.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2011

I just found it very odd that a fan of Lasting's would be pointing out flaws of any other baseball player.

To be honest I was a fan myself of Milledge. I really thought he could be a great player. I still think he can be if he wants to be.

Sometimes I think we forget to enjoy the players talents and focus too much on their personalities.

I didn't mean to argue, I just want to give the kid some time to grow up. Can you imagine the pressure on him to produce after all the hype he has had for so long? I would imagine that many of us wouldn't handle it very well.

Comment

• brianborsch
                          • Dec 2005

But with great power comes great responsibility. Harper should try to not be cocky. It will come back and bite him in the ass. 100% for certain. He is not God and I bet his shit does stink. So get back to reality. He'll get a wakeup call. You all will see.

BB

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Well, he's not Spider Man you know.

And he is not God either. I just wish everyone else would remember that they are not God either.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
                              I just found it very odd that a fan of Lasting's would be pointing out flaws of any other baseball player.
                              Did I point out flaws in Bryce or any other baseball player for that matter...nope.

Comment

• BaseballGM
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2006

Leave it to Yankees fans to be the first to criticize future stars that their team can't buy. I hope Harper blows a kiss to monument park when he's rounding the bases up there in 2013.

Comment

Working...