Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1998 Kenny Rogers A's Jersey

I have had this jersey in my collection for a while now, and I have questioned it ever since I received it. I am not sure if the tagging is correct. But, I did think the velcro was a nice touch. Can anyone let know their opinion?
    Thank you!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: 1998 Kenny Rogers A's Jersey

..It's good.Besides that letter from the A's as provenence,only Russell Athletic gamers had that 100% polyester tag-not the store models.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Fantastic! Thank you, Joe. I thought the LOA was good, but I thought it could also be a photocopy even thought the name stamp was good. I was not sure about the tags. I did not see a year or set tag. I am definitely not an expert on A's jerseys. I really appreciate the help!!!

No problem,I'm not a big A's expert either,but since the guy I collect did play for them I've learned enough to keep myself out of trouble.
    Those A's LOA's can be tricky.I must have 8 of them,complete with their envelopes,and its really hard to tell whether they're photocopies or not.I have a feeling the A's cheaped out,photocopied a ton of blanks,and then just filled in the item info instead of using thicker paper.
    Welcome to the forum,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Banned

IMO the 100% polyester tag looks to "mint" to have been worn more than once. Does the shirt show much use ?

Banned

I don't believe Russell ever year tagged their Oakland jerseys (1992-99). Tags look fine, although the wear might be limited.

Dave Miedema

Thank you everyone! Such great information.... would not be able to get this information anywhere else. The jersey does not show a ton of use... some fraying around the letters and the numbers look like they have been washed. But, it is not beat up by any means.