Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DeSean Jackson Jersey in JO Sports Auction

I noticed this evening that there is an issue with the game used DeSean Jackson jersey listed in the current JO Sports Auction. Here is the link:

https://www.josportscoauctions.com/L...ngton-Redskins

The jersey is auto'd and has an inscription noting it was worn 10/3/10. The only problem is the Eagles wore white road jerseys on 10/3/10 vs the Redskins so there is no way this jersey was worn then. Hopefully it can be photomatched to the correct game.

Nice jersey but the inscription kind of spoils it. I sent JO an email alerting him to this issue.

Re: DeSean Jackson Jersey in JO Sports Auction

IMO, "game worn" dated inscriptions ruin any nice piece as seen with this DJax.

I took a look back to the '09 season to see if it may have been from that season, but the Eagles didn't even have a game on 10/3/09.

That's too bad. Definitely spoils the 'luster' of this piece.

Jersey is good, very good. Eagles lost to Skins at home on October 3 in a boring game. Skins played keep away second half. Jackson did virtually nothing that day, but made up for it in Monday night rematch.

Banned

"game worn" dated inscriptions ruin any nice piece as seen with this DJax.

What does that mean??? Why does a dated GW inscription ruin a piece?

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDoug View Post
    Jersey is good, very good. Eagles lost to Skins at home on October 3 in a boring game. Skins played keep away second half. Jackson did virtually nothing that day, but made up for it in Monday night rematch.
    Problem is, as the OP stated, they wore white jerseys and the one being offered is green.

Name:  jackson.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  99.4 KB

Title: Washington Redskins v Philadelphia Eagles

Caption: PHILADELPHIA - OCTOBER 03: Donovan McNabb #5 of the Washington Redskins greets DeSean Jackson #10 of the Philadelphia Eagles prior to their game on October 3, 2010 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images) Date created: 03 Oct 2010 Editorial image #: 104687898

This post is starting to sound like an episode of the twighlight zone????

Plain and simple.....this jersey stinks because there isnt a chance in hell he wore this Jersey on the date that it was inscribed that he wore it......How would you like to own this and have to forever defend it's authenticity?

That is unless I am just on some parallel Universe and I am missing something?

Nothing a little bleach pen can't solve!

I have not seen the auction or the jersey yet but was at JO yesterday during my Vegas visit and the place is really really cool! They have so much stuff there it is almost overwhelming. The guys are super cool. Robert took care of me and gave me a tour of the entire place and we looked thru everything. I was there for almost 3 hours and could have stayed longer. Another employee even gave me a ride back to my hotel, as the place is a 60$ cab ride from the strip!

I picked up a TO Bengals gamer plus the Vernon Davis International Series 49ers gamer. I was able to get both shirts at what I thought was a fair price.

It is no surprise that Jackson signed the wrong shirt. They have so many gamers there that I can see how things could have easily been mixed up. With all the shirts I looked at, taking things in and out of bags etc, the wrong jersey could have been put back into the bag for that game. Each shirt is in a labeled bag with the year and game used so a mix up is not inconceivable. I am sure that they will try to get this fixed.

I did not have the pleasure of meeting Jarod which was a bummer but the crew there is top notch. Me being the complete genius that I am forgot my camera but I did take a couple images with my phone which I will try and post.

For all of the issues JO may have had over the last few years, after visiting their store I would not hesitate one bit to buy more game used items from them. That being said I would always do my homework first though as mix ups can and do occur.

One funny thing was that the TO Bengals shirt I really liked as it had the most use, was the one used in the last game he as active for. Problem was he had NO catches in the game!!!! The other shirts they had which showed way less use he had way more productive games! I ended up buying one which was from the 2010 season but game unknown as it had almost as much use as the shirt he wore when he had no catches. Now I need to photo-match it.

All in all if any GUU member is in the Vegas area a trip to JO is well worth it. Half the stuff they have is NOT on their website so you may find something you are looking for.

Always buying 49ers gamers especially 1994 gamers. Paying up to a 500$ finders fee for the right 1994 shirt.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Below is the response I received from JO regarding the jersey. I've never had an issue with JOS so glad to see that they are responsive to the issue like I would expect.

"Dewey we are looking into this issue to see exactly what game this jersey is from. I have a text out to DJax but I doubt he is going to remember since he signed it over to us this way".

I just hope DeSean has not put a bad inscription on another jersey out there...always a danger I guess unless a player signs something directly after the game in question.