I had a neat and interesting evening last night.

First to brag.....I caught Gaby Sanchez's home run in the 5th inning last night. Great event for my son and I. We bought seats in the front row in left field and wore gloves for this exact reason and it paid off.

Here is a video of the HR and catch...

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...video_15791711

Now the interesting part. After the home run, an usher came to us and gave us the following voucher.

So my son and I are excited to go get the ball autographed and Im thinking maybe i can ask him to inscribe HR #11 and the date. Well in the end they actually take you to the locker room door and then you give the guard the ball and he takes it to be signed....you get the ball back signed but dont meet the player. Not an issue in this case and it was still cool to get the HR and have it signed but note the disclaimer on the certificate that reads..."If the home run ball is of historical significance (as determined solely by the Marlins) or of special value to the Marlins player, the Marlins shall have the right to offer you a different baseball autographed by the Marlins player who hit the home run in exchange for the home run ball you caught". To be clear I DID get the same ball back that I gave the guard, but I dont know how I would feel about doing that again. It does say "OFFER you another ball" but I wonder if they would offer or just give you back another one. You have to figure everyone who catches a ball takes them up on the offer to have the ball signed. Its just an interesting thought.

Lastly Gaby is doing a signing at a local Jiffy Lube next week so Ill probably be taking the ball to get that inscription anyway.

Thanks for reading!