Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Exclamation Re: Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

Quote Originally Posted by alltimegiants View Post
    The Giants announcers are the BEST in the World. They are World CHAMPIONS ANNOUNCERS - Kruk and Kuip, Jon Miller and Dave Fleming .

Nice to hear them daily!!!
    I'm not familiar with the others' work, but I always liked Jon Miller on national broadcasts...very classy when I met him too. Now, only if ESPN had paired him with somebody other than the arrogant king of the Cubs Haters, Joe Morgan...

Dave Miedema

Re: Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the others' work, but I always liked Jon Miller on national broadcasts...very classy when I met him too. Now, only if ESPN had paired him with somebody other than the arrogant king of the Cubs Haters, Joe Morgan...

Dave Miedema
    Joe Morgan doesn't just hate the Cubs, he hates anything thats not related to him.

McCarver is a tool.

Banned

Wink Re: Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    Joe Morgan doesn't just hate the Cubs, he hates anything thats not related to him.
    Yeah...or the Big Red Machine.

Dave Miedema

[quote=AWA85;254215]I missed it, but were they talking about moving him to 1B to protect him in the future? You look at what has happened with Mauer and now Posey it is one thing to consider when you have the type of bat they do.[quote]

There are a lot of people here in Minnesota who would rather see Joe Mauer play 160 games as a DH, rather than 130 games as a catcher, which is about what he's been averaging since his first full season.

This year, he'll be lucky to play 100 games, and his knees aren't getting any better with the wear and tear, and the effects of getting older. If the Twins don't move him from behind the plate and he gets another serious injury, it could be Tony Oliva all over again.

So... Moving Posey may not be a dumb move, although it would be a sad thing to see.