Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

According to a sports blog, Tim McCarver thinks Buster Posey is done as a catcher. Really? And he went to what medical school? I thought watching baseball was one good way to avoid crackpot pundits.

OK so I am biased, but I've suffered through enough McCarver crap. Honestly, the downside to the Giants in the World Series was listening to the Fox broadcast. Joe Buck: "Giants trying to wrap this Series up tonight..." Really? Holy crap. I've been misreading this game since childhood....

Dave Silverbrand

Re: Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

I missed it, but were they talking about moving him to 1B to protect him in the future? You look at what has happened with Mauer and now Posey it is one thing to consider when you have the type of bat they do.

Having a bat like those guys behind the dish sure is a luxury. Agree on FOX broadcasts, don't even get me started on their coverage of college football bowl games.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Someone corect me if I am wrong, but a thought that McCarver said he should be traded to an American League team as a designated hitter. He said catchers never fully recover from such injuries.

In fairness, I didn't hear McCarver myself but it sure sounds like him. And it reminds me of the Mark Twain quote: "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

If I had a dime for every time Tim McCarver said something logical, I would be broke.

Tim mccarver is a douschbag.I wish deion would have hit him with the bucket-

Banned

Wink Re: Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Tim mccarver is a douschbag.I wish deion would have hit him with the bucket-
    McCarver is becoming the John Madden of MLB announcers. The only thing missing is a man-crush on Brett Favre.

Dave Miedema

You are right dave,But i think he has his own man-crush on joe buck.I mean have you ever heard them do a game together,its a freakin' love fest in that booth.Just like how sutcliff when he did games had to call everyone by thier names everytime he talked.Someone needs to tell "sut" (as he likes to be called) that he is talking to audience and not to each other.It could of been a drinking game, everytime "sut" said "obie" you had to do a shot,you'd be hammered by the 3rd inning....
    Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    McCarver is becoming the John Madden of MLB announcers. The only thing missing is a man-crush on Brett Favre.

Dave Miedema

I think Tim McCarver and Joe Buck should retire and join NKOTBSB
    (New Kids on the Block and BackStreet Boys) tour....

I've never seen two baseball voices so universally despised as Tim McCarver. Truthfully, I miss Howard Cosell. And I wished I had lived in Chicago just to listen to Harry Caray ... "Here's the three-two pitch. Say, did you ever wonder what they put in those hotdogs?"
    Dave Silverbrand

The Giants announcers are the BEST in the World. They are World CHAMPIONS ANNOUNCERS - Kruk and Kuip, Jon Miller and Dave Fleming .

Nice to hear them daily!!!