On the TV side, the Diamondbacks have Daron Sutton (Don's kid) as the play-by-play guy, and Mark Grace as the color man.

Sutton has a pretty good voice, though not as good as his predecessor, Thom Brenneman, who I've heard is working with his dad Marty in Cincinnatti now. My biggest gripe with Brenneman was his tendency to forget about the game going on - especially if the DBacks were getting pounded - and go on for five minutes at a time talking about what some other team in the league was doing, etc, and completely ignore the action on the field; he was easily distracted, in other words. Sutton is less so, which is a plus, but his color man sometimes forces me to hit the Mute button.

I'm sure Mark Grace would be a really fun guy to have a few beers and hang out with, but listening to him broadcast a Baseball game is just painful. We've had some fun and funny color guys in past years - Jim Traber and Steve Lyons were my favorites - and "Gracey" tries to be funny, but he just isn't. He's repetitious, boring, and his sense of "humor" would embarass the average bright six-year-old.

On the radio side, we've got career announcer Greg Schulte, and (usually) Tom Candiotti. Schulte is a true professional, and one of the best I've ever heard. Candiotti is a tad pompous at times, but tolerable.

Hey, Cubs fans! Can we please have Bob Brenly back? We'll give your old fan favorite, Mark Grace, and an announcer to be named later!