Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classy

Re: Classy

thats his g/f... he uses her to get the players to fork over baseballs....

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Here's my opinion, for what it's worth. Mr. Ballstealer and a couple of his douchebag high-powered businessman buddies are sitting in their $150 seats. Mr. Ballstealer isn't a kid anymore... In fact, he's been in the business of running the show for several years (hiring, firing, "you're gonna be working this weekend instead of going to your kid's graduation...") You know, that kind of guy. He's not going to show tons of emotion as he goes for that baseball.

Mr. Ballstealer does what he wants. That's the way he lives. Not many people are in the position to tell this guy what to do.

I kinda think the announcer has the same take on this as me.... Hence, the strong response. The only question left in my mind is how do I become one of this guy's buddies?
    That's a pretty vivid imagination you've got there, commando. You forgot to mention the guy's political affiliation and sexual orientation, though; just an oversight, I'm sure.

The fan is clearly...slow, developmentally challenged, mentally retarded, whatever you want to call it; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that. From her nonchalant reaction, and that of the other fans in the area, I think it's pretty clear that they recognized that fact, too. The announcers are idiots.

It looks like the man who took the ball has problems , what he did was wrong . On the chance that he has issues everybody should lay off of him . And why could he not have a authentic jersey to wear ?

This video is awful!!! First (not to be overly political correct), to call this guy "retarded" is to insult people who are genuinely mentally challenged. That said, if his buddies were true "caregivers," why didn't they stop him? Anybody of any age should know when things belong to him and when they do not.

Finally, Jon Miller's take on this is reasonable because I have seen this happen too often myself. People should grow up. If I were the player's name on this jersey (Young), I would be embarassed that any thug would wear it.

I'd feel the same way Andre Ethier should about a thug wearing his jersey as a Giants fan was beaten into a coma.

Dave Silverbrand

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post
    Finally, Jon Miller's take on this is reasonable because I have seen this happen too often myself. People should grow up. If I were the player's name on this jersey (Young), I would be embarassed that any thug would wear it.
    Dave Silverbrand
    You really think this guy (in the video taking the ball) is a thug? You're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    That's a pretty vivid imagination you've got there, commando. You forgot to mention the guy's political affiliation and sexual orientation, though; just an oversight, I'm sure.

The fan is clearly...slow, developmentally challenged, mentally retarded, whatever you want to call it; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that. From her nonchalant reaction, and that of the other fans in the area, I think it's pretty clear that they recognized that fact, too. The announcers are idiots.
    I'm not sure how its so clear that the individual is slow or developmentally challenged? You're making that judgement in the 10 or 15 seconds of video on the guy. What's the girl going to do, freak out?

I agree that the guy does look like he's a little slow. Nobody at normal mental functionality would viciously go after a ball like that.

But just a little off topic, I don't completely agree with the whole "give the foul ball you catch to a random little kid." I was at a Nationals-Phillies game once and I caught a foul ball. The people in my section were urging me to give it to a kid, which I intended to do at first, but then I found a WWII veteran nearby (I could tell from his hat), and I gave the ball to him.
    "This is for you, sir. You deserve it more than some kid. Please don't give it to your grandson." I said.
    "My grandsons are 32 and 35." He said.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    I agree that the guy does look like he's a little slow. Nobody at normal mental functionality would viciously go after a ball like that.

But just a little off topic, I don't completely agree with the whole "give the foul ball you catch to a random little kid." I was at a Nationals-Phillies game once and I caught a foul ball. The people in my section were urging me to give it to a kid, which I intended to do at first, but then I found a WWII veteran nearby (I could tell from his hat), and I gave the ball to him.
    "This is for you, sir. You deserve it more than some kid. Please don't give it to your grandson." I said.
    "My grandsons are 32 and 35." He said.
    I completely disagree, there's another thread in the General Discussion where a grown woman goes after the ball with similar vigor, ripping it away from a little girl. That video and the fact that I've seen dozens and dozens of incidents at baseball games where ballhawks go after balls viciously to get said ball at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I completely disagree, there's another thread in the General Discussion where a grown woman goes after the ball with similar vigor, ripping it away from a little girl. That video and the fact that I've seen dozens and dozens of incidents at baseball games where ballhawks go after balls viciously to get said ball at all costs.
    I highly doubt the woman in the other thread or this guy are "ballhawks" They are just rude people.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

You completely misunderstood my post. I'm not saying that you should fight children to get foul balls, but if you do catch one on your own, you shouldn't be obliged to give it away.