Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

One evil woman, one sweet girl and one baseball!!

This lady needs a smack upside the head for this.....

To view video, click below. I copyied & pasted the article....

http://blog.chron.com/fanzone/2011/0...-one-baseball/

During a game between the Astros and the Diamondbacks at Minute Maid Park, a player tossed a baseball to a little girl in the stands. An awful woman standing next to her reached in front of her for a failed attempt at a catch. The girl caught it, but the greedy woman ripped it from her.
    The disgusting woman then turned to her group to show off her baseball and gave high fives while the little girl walked away heartbroken.
    In this 20-second video, you’ll hear a guy shouting at the TV because he thinks this woman is awful, too. He decides her name is ‘Pam’.
    Check out ‘Pam’ looking like the world’s biggest jerk:

So far, I haven’t learned the identity of this woman, but I’d like to since we’re all making fun of her.
    A commentator to the community event and happenings website Reddit.com reads: “The play-by-play and color guy saw it, pulled some strings, and delivered the girl an autographed ball.”
    I don’t know what’s more disturbing – the sad theft of a baseball from a child, her post-baseball-theft celebration with friends or the mere fact that the inexpensive item from the terrible Astros was worth so much trouble to an adult.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Re: One evil woman, one sweet girl and one baseball!!

Now this, on the other hand, is a beez-itch and a half! What's more nauseous, the ripping it out of that little girls hands or the high fives?

What an @ss...

You know, I'm as much of a ballhawk as the next gal, but this is horrible. And the sad thing is, that lesson about human nature might have a lasting, negative effect on that little girl.

This has been aired a lot. It was on the Not Top 10 yesterday on SportsCenter. It really says a lot about the woman, but it's good to see at least somebody noticed it and got the girl an autographed ball. There has been a few things like this happening lately, I want to see these people getting booed at the games!

Banned

Exclamation Re: One evil woman, one sweet girl and one baseball!!

This reminds me of an incident in Arlington a few eyars ago, where a guy (who I think turned out to be a pastor) dove over a seat and inadvertantly kicked/bumped a little girl and her mother in the process. Tom Grieve and his announcing partner took the guy to the woodshed on the broadcast, while the girl cleaned up on souvenirs (including a bat from Reggie Sanders, then with visiting St. Louis).

I haven't seen episodes like this at either Chicago ballpark, and I hope I don't anytime soon.

Dave Miedema

I actually had an incident similar to this happen to me recently at Coors Field.

When StL was in town, I was trying to get Big Mac to sign his book from 1998 (Home Run Hero). When I yelled down at him, he looked up, saw the book, smiled and kind of shrugged pointing atball the people over the dugout.

He then held up a ball, I pointed at myself, he nodded his head and he started to toss it and a bunch of people starting moving in... he stopped, shook his head, pointed at me (again I pointed at myself and he nodded), the other people backed up and he tossed the ball up.

Just as I was about to grab it, this jackwad about three seats to my left lunges over, sticks his glove right in front of my face and snags the ball - mind you, he never touched me or it would have been an entirely different story.

I grabbed his glove and had a few words for him (that almost got me thrown out of Coors Field) and stuck my book in front of his face (then it almost got physical) and then he took off like a cowardly little bitch - pretty much ruined what would have been an awesome story and item for my collection.

The next day out back at Coors, Mac got out of his cab, I held up my book and he looked and starting walking over. I told him thanks for the ball, but I got jacked on it, but thanks for at least looking up, noticing me with your book and acknowledging me.

He then took my book and pen and gave me one of the sweetest Mac sigs I've seen in awhile and thanked me for my support.

So in the end, I still got what I wanted (my book signed) and that jackass got a ball that he'll probably try to sell on eBay or craigslist.

To all the BallHawks out there - I know it's your passion - but if anyone ever bumps me, pushes me, etc to try and get a ball that is clearly my play to make - don't blame me for what will follow.

If that little girl had been my daughter, and especially with the video clearly showing the woman 'ripping the ball away', I would have had the police down there filing man-handling charges against that bitch.

Just my .02

- Smitty

I know this is a forum and we can express our opinions.But i think i will keep mine to myself as i dont want to get trashed.But just have to ask,is it cause it's a girl or a kid that people have a problem with it.I mean i had a kid rip a ball from my hands and i doubt any of you would had a problem with that.Where were the parents? Well i guess i shared more than i should have,go ahead-let me have it

I sometimes do this, but on accident though ofcourse, where I'll catch a ball that was meant for someone else, but I always just give the ball back and let them know that I didn't mean to grab it in front of them.

I ballhawk at Turner Field every home series and I gotta admit, I see this happening every single day. I have a contraption that gets baseballs out from behind the outfield wall, and a lot of times, players will point out specific people and throw a ball to them, and they'll miss and it goes behind the wall, but I always get the baseball and just give it back to them. It's just a personal rule of mine. Keep every homerun baseball that flies behind the wall (except sometimes I'll give them to little kids that didn't get any baseballs), and if the baseball was meant for somebody and they simply missed, I always give it back since it was meant for them in the beginning. I see people with other contraptions just taking the ball and keeping it for themselves. I hate seeing that, but unfortunately it's just apart of batting practice and apart of getting any baseball period.

Though I do not get to as many games as I once did, (somewhat by choice in the past and now due to location), when I lived my seven years in the SF Bay Area I went to more baseball games than I can remember.

I probably made it to at least 30 A's games per year, and never missed a home playoff series. I also made it to a handful of "Gnat" games, mostly due to free tickets floating around my office and if I was just bored to tears that night/weekend.

To shorten this up, between games as a child and teen in Three Rivers Stadium, going to the Oakland Coliseum, Tigers Stadium, Camden Yards and Safeco Field...I have NEVER gotten a MLB baseball. N-E-V-E-R. Not in BP, not a foul, HR, nada!

But this one time...I mean one was meant for me. And, it was during the A's-Twins playoff series in the early 2000's. I am sitting in left field, where after Jacque Jones lost a fly ball in the sun we gave him sh!t for the rest of the game (good times).

So, a foul came my way, bounced off the stair well and literally rolled down my aisle (I am in an end seat). I go to reach down for it casually, not believing I am going to FINALLY get a ball, but a PLAYOFF BALL no less, when this little kid in a damn Twins cap darts under my legs and grabs the ball from my hand!

I mean, my hand was on the top of the ball and getting ready to pick it up. I saw the details of it, hit mark...it was like time stood still (LOL!) He was sitting directly behind me, and showed more hussle than I did as a guy in his late 20s.

I incredulously looked down at him, over at my then girlfriend and she is cracking up, throwing her hands up like "oh well". I shook my head, p!ssed, and went back to watching the game.

I was annoyed, sure (still am), and had every right to that ball. But I could not get into a wrestling match with a child, even one wearing the wrong hat! I feel there is simply no excuse for an adult to do what this lady did to that little girl, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    I know this is a forum and we can express our opinions.But i think i will keep mine to myself as i dont want to get trashed.But just have to ask,is it cause it's a girl or a kid that people have a problem with it.I mean i had a kid rip a ball from my hands and i doubt any of you would had a problem with that.Where were the parents? Well i guess i shared more than i should have,go ahead-let me have it
    I'm not going to let you have it.... I'm just thinking about the theory of intent here. Let's say someone goes to hand a bucket of popcorn or a five-dollar bill to someone else (the type of object being handed is irrelevant, actually). Well, someone else reaches out and grabs the item. This all happens in the lobby of a movie theater. Was this appropriate behavior? Now, take the same scenario but move it into the ballpark. It is appropriate now?

In my mind there's a huge difference between a ball that has been randomly hit into the stands versus one specifically thrown with the intent of giving it to a specific person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com