Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    michaelpbell

Granderson Game Worn Jersey -- 1st Game as a Yankee

How much do you guys think Granderson's game worn jersey against the Red Sox back on 4/4/2010 (HR 1st At bat), his first Yankee's game is worth??

michaelpbell

Re: Granderson Game Worn Jersey -- 1st Game as a Yankee

The jersey is MLB and Steiner Certified....

Steiner probably charged $1500 but id place the value at half that

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Steiner probably charged $1500 but id place the value at half that
    I agree. You can pretty much value anything at half of what Steiner charges.

Are u looking to sell the jersey or buy it?
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

michaelpbell

Looking to buy it, but right now the best price I can get it at is 1k

If you gotta have it then its your call but when re-sell time comes you will prob be looking at a loss.

Banned

If you gotta have it then its your call but when re-sell time comes you will prob be looking at a loss.
    disagree. it depends when you sell. if he keeps this start up and has six more years like this say 40 hr seasons and they win some more rings and hes regarded as alltime great yankee ala reggie then it will be worth much more than 1,500 in future. if your looking to buy for shortterm you still could make money off his big year. its not some run of mill jersey but 1st yankee one he ever wore.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    disagree. it depends when you sell. if he keeps this start up and has six more years like this say 40 hr seasons and they win some more rings and hes regarded as alltime great yankee ala reggie then it will be worth much more than 1,500 in future. if your looking to buy for shortterm you still could make money off his big year. its not some run of mill jersey but 1st yankee one he ever wore.

I dont like to buy when there are a bunch "if's" involved. It maybe because im not a big jersey guy but my evaluation is that granderson is having a great start and these are the times a lot of people get caught in the "hype". I know i have and im pretty sure many others as well. As for granderson becoming reggie-esque, he would need a lot more character and 400+ more hrs

Banned

I dont like to buy when there are a bunch "if's" involved. It maybe because im not a big jersey guy but my evaluation is that granderson is having a great start and these are the times a lot of people get caught in the "hype". I know i have and im pretty sure many others as well. As for granderson becoming reggie-esque, he would need a lot more character and 400+ more hrs
    Im not saying he will be "reggie", i made the comparision because both were veteran outfielders who came to the Yankees, have low .bas, pop and very outgoing personalities. As you know 99.9% of great Yankee position players Gehrig, Mantle, Dimaggio, Berra, Dickey, Munson, Jeter, Posada, Bernie, Mattingly, etc. came up as Yankees. Of course Ruth was an exception but comparing anyone to him is silly. As far as hype it may not be. Yes, he is 30 but before this he played in Comerica which is a pitcher's park and it takes a year to adjust to a new team. yankee Stadium is a homer park so i would think they will keep on coming. Yes it is alot of ifs but if you have the money its worth the bet, like a very expensive lottery ticket. yankee fans would pay a fortune for a yankee great's first yankee jersey.