Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Packers Helmet Bricol?

Hello, all. I found this supposed Dave Robinson Packers helmet on Bricol's auction. I met Dave when I was coaching high school football a few years back and he is a super nice guy. I was wondering everyone's thoughts on this lid as it would look very cool with my autographed photo I received when I met Mr. Robinson. I know very little about helmets, so I am hoping somebody can chime in with their thoughts. Thanks a lot.

Scott
    http://bricolsportsauction.com/index...TEMS&ItemID=25

Re: Packers Helmet Bricol?

The helmet looks solid IMO. Check Helmet Hut for a reference.

Shawn Kennedy
    GridironHeroes.net
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com

Would like to see a photo of Robinson using a double rivet (on center ridge) helmet. Not saying he never wore one, just saying i've never seen such a photo...

from what i can tell robinson sported a double-rivet husky early in his career, through 1965, then switched to a single-rivet husky in 1966. it also appears that when he made the switch in helmet styles, he also switched from a bolt-on cage to a clip-on cage like other packers players. here's a shot of robinson in the final game of the 1965 season which, as it turned out, was the final nfl title game ever played (and the last game jim brown ever played). the striping tape under the left front rivet seems to match up well with the auction helmet as does an apparent impact transfer mark (left front of helmet). the "g" decal positioning doesn't appear to be a match but that can be explained...

robert

Did you win, Scott? That's a good looking helmet! So is the Raiders one.

No, I didn't win it. I wish I would have been more diligent but oh well. Something else will come along I'm sure....

sold for $567 +juice - someone got an absolute steal. hopefully for the consignor, he set a hidden reserve that wasn't met and he got it back...
    robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    sold for $567 +juice - someone got an absolute steal. hopefully for the consignor, he set a hidden reserve that wasn't met and he got it back...
    Wow, I agree that $567 is a total steal. I'd guess that that Packers RK is actually worth at at least $1000-$2000 or more.

Hey Guys,

I picked it up, no hidden reserve, solely because it was too cheap to pass up....

Dave

very nice score...
    robert