Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: PayPal as a Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    You can't fund gift payments with credit cards. They have to be sourced through bank accts. or paypal balances. That being said you have no recourse should you get screwed by sending a payment as a gift.
    You can fund a gift payment with a credit card, but you will get the 2.9%+.30 fee tacked onto your payment; hence buyer pays the fee upfront. Gift just means no fee for the seller.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post
    That is absolutely not true at all. I have done this as recently as several weeks ago. I have used a credit card through paypal to fund a gift payment. In this case it was to a charitable organization but it can be done.

Jeb
    Then something must have changed since the last time I tried it like that because the payment would not be processed if funded with my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    You can fund a gift payment with a credit card, but you will get the 2.9%+.30 fee tacked onto your payment; hence buyer pays the fee upfront. Gift just means no fee for the seller.
    Ok. That is what I meant. When most refer to gift payments it is usually a way to make payments to avoid paypal fees. So to clarify, you still can't use your credit card to fund a gift payment if you are looking to avoid any kind of fees.