Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Jeff Bagwell Pittsburgh Three Rivers Stadium Home Run Marker w/ Team LOA

This marker commemorates the 9th upper deck HR hit in Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Stadium history. This marker was placed over the spot where Bagwell blasted a roughly 460 ft HR into the left field seats in 1991. It came with a team LOA issued at the auction for stadium assets in 2001 after Three Rivers closed.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Shipp_96
      • Feb 2011

My first Buccos gamer in a LONG time...Craig Wilson BP/Spring training jersey!
      Attached Files

Comment

• hrvatwill
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by frikativ54
        Jeff Bagwell Pittsburgh Three Rivers Stadium Home Run Marker w/ Team LOA

This marker commemorates the 9th upper deck HR hit in Pittsburgh's Three Rivers Stadium history. This marker was placed over the spot where Bagwell blasted a roughly 460 ft HR into the left field seats in 1991. It came with a team LOA issued at the auction for stadium assets in 2001 after Three Rivers closed.

That's pretty cool, even if it was for the wrong team

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hrvatwill
          Haha. I love my Bagwell HR marker.
          Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Shipp_96
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hrvatwill
            Used to be my favorite part of Three Rivers in the 80's when I was a kid, me and my buddies roaming the empty, cavernous upper decks in search of the HR seat markers, many hit by our beloved "Pops" Stargell!

Comment

• NegleyPirate
              • Nov 2005

Here are some game used Pirate item's. I have more game used bats and other stadium giveaways, sign baseballs,etc.
              Attached Files
              Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
              http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Comment

• Shipp_96
                • Feb 2011

Just won this beauty, Andrew McCutchen Just Minors signed Altoona jersey

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shipp_96
                  Used to be my favorite part of Three Rivers in the 80's when I was a kid, me and my buddies roaming the empty, cavernous upper decks in search of the HR seat markers, many hit by our beloved "Pops" Stargell!
                  That's really cool. As someone with one of these markers, I would love to know a bit more about them. Did they place them over the seats? Did anyone ever sit up there, or did they preclude people from sitting in any seat with a marker on it? It would be neat to find out more about these artifacts.

-Frik
                  Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                    • Dec 2009

Here's a few from my "Hawaii Born" players collection.

Tyler Yates

Tyler Yates

Brandon Chaves

Steve Cooke
                    sigpic

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

That's really cool. As someone with one of these markers, I would love to know a bit more about them. Did they place them over the seats? Did anyone ever sit up there, or did they preclude people from sitting in any seat with a marker on it? It would be neat to find out more about these artifacts.

-Frik
                      From my memory, we did sit in those seats, basically just to say we did, and they had painted numbers on the seat back (facing out to be seen, where your back would rest). I also remember the views from up there were horrible and it was rare anyone was ever sitting up there anyway!

Comment

• frikativ54
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shipp_96
                        From my memory, we did sit in those seats, basically just to say we did, and they had painted numbers on the seat back (facing out to be seen, where your back would rest). I also remember the views from up there were horrible and it was rare anyone was ever sitting up there anyway!
                        That's neat to be able to say you sat in those seats; I wish I could have.

What I'm curious about is that if these numbers were painted on seats, why my Bagwell marker looks nothing like a seat back?

I'd love to hear more about these, as my Bagwell home run marker is one of the more intriguing items I own.
                        Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Shipp_96
                          • Feb 2011

That's neat to be able to say you sat in those seats; I wish I could have.

What I'm curious about is that if these numbers were painted on seats, why my Bagwell marker looks nothing like a seat back?

I'd love to hear more about these, as my Bagwell home run marker is one of the more intriguing items I own.
                          You know, I noticed your sign looked metal and thought that was intriguing. I only personally saw seats that were painted into the early 80's. By the late 80's-90's when I went, I actually was watching the game and not running to the upper deck , so I never saw Bags HR markers. I did some research, and found this list of players that hit them into the upper deck at Three Rivers:
                          • 1: Willie Stargell - 8/9/70 off Mets' Ron Taylor (RF) 469'
                          • 2: Willie Stargell - 5/30/71 off Cubs' Ken Holtzman (RF) 458'
                          • 3: Willie Stargell - 6/20/71 off Expos' Howie Reed (RF) 472'
                          • 4: Bob Robertson - 7/16/71 off Padres' Steve Arlin (LF) 456'
                          • 5: Willie Stargell - 5/31/73 off Braves' Gary Gentry (RF) 468'
                          • 6: Greg Luzinski - 4/18/79 off Pirates' Don Robinson (LF) 483'
                          • 7: Bobby Bonilla - 7/12/87 off Padres' Eric Show (RF) 454'
                          • 8: Howard Johnson - 4/15/91 off Pirates' Zane Smith (LF) 456'
                          • 9: Jeff Bagwell - 5/5/91 off Pirates' Bob Kipper (LF) 472'
                          • 10: Mark Whiten - 8/11/93 off Pirates' Blas Minor (RF) 464'
                          • 11: Glenallen Hill - 5/6/94 off Pirates' Denny Neagle (LF) 457'
                          • *: Frank Thomas - 7/11/94 in all star home run hitting contest (LCF) 519'
                          • 12: Jeff Bagwell - 5/29/96 off Pirates' Danny Darwin (LF) 459'
                          • 13: Devon White - 6/16/96 off Pirates' Denny Neagle (LF-facade) 456'
                          I also was able to find this photo, (the only one I could find on the internet) of a painted seat. It is above the numbered facade, to the right and is painted black with a white number. Kind of hard to see, but you can notice it if you look hard enough:

My thoughts are maybe "Bags" hit the concrete facade, and they attached a metal marker up there instead, because it did not land in a seat. I know at the Vet in Philly, they installed a marker for "Pops" moon shot (top right):

It was fun looking this up, and taking a trip down memory lane!

Comment

• Shipp_96
                            • Feb 2011

Sorry, for some reason the photos did not post:

I also was able to find this photo, (the only one I could find on the internet) of a painted seat. It is above the numbered facade, to the right and is painted black with a white number. Kind of hard to see, but you can notice it if you look hard enough: (picture 1)

My thoughts are maybe "Bags" hit the concrete facade, and they attached a metal marker up there instead, because it did not land in a seat. I know at the Vet in Philly, they installed a marker for "Pops" moon shot (top right): (picture 2)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• bigtime59
                              • Nov 2005

If you're looking to add to your Pirates collection...or to start one, please see my thread in the c2c section. I'm liquidating the collection. There are Pirates jerseys available.
                              Mark
                              msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• gorilla777
                                • Aug 2009

Some bats from 3 different Pirate eras:

'09 Andrew McCutchen
                                '88-'89 Barry Bonds
                                '79 Willie Stargell
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...