Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

I got ahold of this orange seatback from Three Rivers, with Jay Bell's Pittsburgh number, '3', on it, made a sort of collage, and got Jay to sign and inscribe it for me a few years ago.

No photo immediately available, but I've also got Jay's field jacket from the '94 season.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I got ahold of this orange seatback from Three Rivers, with Jay Bell's Pittsburgh number, '3', on it, made a sort of collage, and got Jay to sign and inscribe it for me a few years ago.

No photo immediately available, but I've also got Jay's field jacket from the '94 season.
    I loved me some Jay Bell back in the day. I was glad he finally got his ring with Arizona. I still remember when he won his gold glove and broke the Wizard's strangle hold on the award at short. Nice seat and shot of Three Rivers!

I was really happy to see the Buccos get a couple veteran bats, even if it were only marginal veteran players like Derrek Lee and Ryan Ludwick, for near nothing in return.

I know the critics will pan these moves (as I do to an extend on ownership's cheapness), but Lee is a MAJOR improvement from Overbay at first base and Ludwick will help solidify an outfield that already has studs like All Star Andrew McCutchen and Neil Walker.

At this point, ANY offense is a good offense for this team! I just fear too little to late, as it came after a rough Philly series.

Thank goodness the Cubs come to town, and I think a series sweep is realistic and can possibly propel them back into first by week's end!

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    I loved me some Jay Bell back in the day. I was glad he finally got his ring with Arizona. I still remember when he won his gold glove and broke the Wizard's strangle hold on the award at short. Nice seat and shot of Three Rivers!
    Jay is still one of the nicest human beings on the planet, I think. I got to talk with him again a couple of weeks ago at an Arizona League game, where he was giving Andy Green a hand coaching the rookies, and I hope to see him again tomorrow, though he might be back to coaching his son's baseball team, now that school has started up.

Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
    Sorry, but I can 't figure out which mug is yours. Which black girl has the beaded braids? Where is she relative to the photo?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Yep that's me 31 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?

Yep that's me 31 years ago!

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Yep, you circled the right kid!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.