Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Will the future hobby dismiss all non photomatched items?

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I only collect for my own enjoyment so I could careless what the "hobby" cares about.
    Exactly. The very question - will "the hobby" reject this or that - implies that all collectors are of a like mind, identical habits and standards, and a comparable level of anal-retentiveness.

And, as Mulligan pointed out - and I don't know how this very important point keeps getting missed, in "photo-matching" discussions - it takes only a very small investment in time and effort to create (or re-create) an item in a photo, especially given the blurry, poor quality images that the validity of most "photo-matches" seem to hinge on.

If collecting "high end" stuff is such a stressful, worrisome thing to someone, maybe the answer is to collect something else. Hobbies are supposed to be fun...right?

Re: Will the future hobby dismiss all non photomatched items?

I was just thinking about this the other day.

People will do their homework and collect what they want to but those who are looking strictly to re-sell and make money will be trying to match everything in sight.

Even some collectors who arent in it to re-sell just like to know when the said item was used and if anything significant happened while using it.

Sellers putting a premium on photomatched items isnt too crazy. I would say depending on the match it may add 20% at the most.

Now depending on what the player accomplished while using the item that is photomatched is a different story. In that case the seller can jack the price up or down all they want.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]