Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Show off your framed jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Torn, Stretched and permanently damaged??? How exactly were you able to determine that?

Really??......How about nicely preserved so that people can admire them? The other option is hanging in my closet with all of the rest of them where no one ever looks at them?
    They are clearly stretched and pinned which produces holes and irreversible damage. Go ahead and take on out of the frame, you might be appalled at what the framer did to your jersey. They might even be glued and cut to to fit in the frame. The way your game worn jerseys are framed definitely will cause them to have irreversible damage and the sooner you get them out of those frames, the better. The frames you are using are not meant for gamers, but simply for autographed jerseys etc.

For gamers, you should use something like the following:
    http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/j...play-case.html

That way, the jersey doesn't get stretched, torn, glued, cut and so on. It's also good practice to adjust the way the jersey hangs once ever few months to avoid irreversible crease damages such as hanger nipples and so on.

Thanks for the advice, but I am quite happy with my framings......

New England Picture has framed 100's and maybe 1000's of Game Used Jerseys for all of the Major Boston Sports Teams and many of the local Superstars. They have a list a mile long of each Superstar's Game Used Jersey that they have framed and personally hung in their homes.

You know nothing about the Company or what technique they use to frame a jersey, but you know that they are physically destroying the jersey to a point that it is unrepairable.....cutting it.... gluing it....ripping it.....

Its an unwashed Football Jersey that smells like crap.....What else can they do to destroy it???

Sleep with jerseys? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Kabron1971 View Post
    Hi! Framing jerseys is a very tricky business. Professionally done framed jerseys will cost you around 300 to 600 dollars. Its very beautiful indeed. But you cant touch nor even smell the jersey anymore. You just look at it. I am the type that smell and touches my gamers, even sleep with me from time to time. So, I put my gamers in a frame where I can easily remove it and out it back afterwards.....Just like this...Which costs around 75 to 100 dollars....Goodluck my friend! Cheers, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Sleep with jerseys? Really?
    Ofcourse, try it! Its great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Both of these were framed in the Boston Area for @ $300. I went with the special UV plastic on one of them and it was a bit more.

Those look fantastic. Wow!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Those look fantastic. Wow!
    Agreed, nicely done!

If you're unsure, Sfdisplay and DisplayGifts both offer some nice cases that support swapping out pieces at a pretty decent price. The nice thing about *not* going with permanent frames is that it gets you out of the inaccessibility issues for just a small aesthetic sacrifice.

This is my Biggio
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I jumped on the Strasburg bandwagon a bit too fast, and I came out with this.