Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Thanks MLB~NUT,

Unfortunately by the time I got off work (PST) and read your post, they were already closed. I will call them on Monday.

No one has ever contacted me from MLB auctions "customer service", which is really sad. I would have bid on numerous auctions in the future, but now I am not so sure.

I am going to sound old here, but I miss when customer service meant you actually spoke to a human.

Oh well, thank you again for the help. I will keep you posted when it inevitably arrives.

Comment

• Dewey2007
      • Dec 2007

Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
      Attached Files
      sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dewey2007
        Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
        Sorry, but I can 't figure out which mug is yours. Which black girl has the beaded braids? Where is she relative to the photo?
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?
          Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Dewey2007
            • Dec 2007

Yep that's me 31 years ago!

Originally posted by frikativ54
            Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.
              Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Dewey2007
                • Dec 2007

Yep, you circled the right kid!

Originally posted by frikativ54

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shipp_96
                  Thanks MLB~NUT,

Unfortunately by the time I got off work (PST) and read your post, they were already closed. I will call them on Monday.

No one has ever contacted me from MLB auctions "customer service", which is really sad. I would have bid on numerous auctions in the future, but now I am not so sure.

I am going to sound old here, but I miss when customer service meant you actually spoke to a human.

Oh well, thank you again for the help. I will keep you posted when it inevitably arrives.
                  I agree about customer service, especially getting an american on the phone these days...

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

Thats just an awesome photo & find...what a thrill that had to have been!!!
                    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

Dewey, that is REALLY cool! What an awesome find!! You have me wanting to go look for old Steelers 70s training camp photos and see if I can find a young me also!

Comment

• frikativ54
                        • Dec 2007

Yep, you circled the right kid!
                        That's really neat. I would love to find a picture of myself and a favorite player; that photograph is absolutely priceless. Congrats, and good luck displaying it. It's one in a million.

-Frik
                        Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Shipp_96
                          • Feb 2011

Well, the good news is that my Buccos Cedano throwback uniform FINALLY arrived today, two weeks after the auction. Thank the Lord above my wife was home to sign for it, or it would have been even longer.

Though the uniform is simply awesome, two things irk me from this transaction.

1) MLB "customer service" STILL has not responded to me.

2) The Pirates sent this the day after I emailed them, which makes me wonder had I not sent an email to them, would I still be waiting?

At the end of the day I am thrilled with the purchase. Having the entire throwback uniform is going to be a nice added gem to my collection. But I have to seriously consider future auctions with MLB.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shipp_96
                            Well, the good news is that my Buccos Cedano throwback uniform FINALLY arrived today, two weeks after the auction. Thank the Lord above my wife was home to sign for it, or it would have been even longer.

Though the uniform is simply awesome, two things irk me from this transaction.

1) MLB "customer service" STILL has not responded to me.

2) The Pirates sent this the day after I emailed them, which makes me wonder had I not sent an email to them, would I still be waiting?

At the end of the day I am thrilled with the purchase. Having the entire throwback uniform is going to be a nice added gem to my collection. But I have to seriously consider future auctions with MLB.

Glad to hear you finally recieved it, but 2 weeks for MLB Auctions is fast by anymeans bro, it does say in the decription allow 2-4 weeks for delivery in the shiiping description though...

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
                              • Aug 2007

• johan lopez game used jersey.-
                              • carlos maldonado game used jersey.-
                              • elio serrano game used jersey.-
                              • alvaro espinoza game used jersey.-
                              • heberto andrade game used jersey.-
                              Attached Files

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
                                • Aug 2007

• donaldo mendez game used jersey.-
                                • luis sojo game used jersey.-
                                • luis polonia game used jersey.-
                                • danilo leon game used jersey.-
                                • jose castillo game used jersey.-
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...