Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLB~NUT
    • Feb 2011

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Originally posted by Shipp_96
    Just curious if anyone is bidding on the Clemente Day throwback worn hats on MLB.com? I bid $150 on the 'Cutch and have since been outbid. That's about my limit for a hat.

I did have a question however pertaining to those. I know they wore those against the O's, but did they wear them at any other time this season? The reason I ask is they have a Derrick Lee and Ludwick worn caps, and they were not acquired until after that game. Again, unless they are from another day.

Any additional info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Also thats a good question about the ludwick hats it says its game worn, but now you have me wondering ughhhhh...

Comment

• MLB~NUT
      • Feb 2011

Just curious if anyone is bidding on the Clemente Day throwback worn hats on MLB.com? I bid $150 on the 'Cutch and have since been outbid. That's about my limit for a hat.

I did have a question however pertaining to those. I know they wore those against the O's, but did they wear them at any other time this season? The reason I ask is they have a Derrick Lee and Ludwick worn caps, and they were not acquired until after that game. Again, unless they are from another day.

Any additional info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hey Shipp just remembered Robeto clemente day was Sept, 14th 2011 here at busch stadium against my cardinals, so the Ludwick and Lee were on the team and able to wear them!!!

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MLB~NUT
        Hey Shipp just remembered Robeto clemente day was Sept, 14th 2011 here at busch stadium against my cardinals, so the Ludwick and Lee were on the team and able to wear them!!!

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net
        Thanks for the clarification, Todd! I was hoping that was the case .

Comment

• genius
          • Aug 2007

Hopefully this will start some vintage! 1942 Bud Stewart Pirates flannel, all original other than the "Health" patch which has been replaced, red and blue color scheme, nicely preserved over the years.
          Attached Files

Comment

• hrvatwill
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by genius
            Hopefully this will start some vintage! 1942 Bud Stewart Pirates flannel, all original other than the "Health" patch which has been replaced, red and blue color scheme, nicely preserved over the years.

Wow, awesome jersey genius!....I'd give my eyeteeth to have one like that, just havn't encountered anything.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

genius:

If a jersey's appeal could be likened to an IQ level, that Pirates flannel would be at least a 200! Fantastic item.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• genius
                • Aug 2007

Thanks! But it's "genius" as in "Guinness--Pure Genius" and in no way reflects my IQ level!

Comment

• BCWhite13
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 5toolplayer
                  I've just started on the "Pirate" room. It's going to include tons of Clemente, Tabata, McCutchen, Alvarez with a little bit of Neil Walker, Barry Bonds ;-)
                  Nice room 5toolplayer, exactly the kind of place I want when I retire.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                    • Feb 2011

That is one sweet jersey! Awesome to see things from the Buccos past.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

Just curious if anyone on here won any of the 70s style Roberto Clemente day hats that were auctioned off this week? I wanted the Derrek Lee but only at the opening bid price, so I passed on it and the others after my 'Cutch bid was blown out of the water.

Comment

• hrvatwill
                        • Jan 2008

Just curious if anyone on here won any of the 70s style Roberto Clemente day hats that were auctioned off this week? I wanted the Derrek Lee but only at the opening bid price, so I passed on it and the others after my 'Cutch bid was blown out of the water.
                        This response is way late, but I got the Alex Presley hat from that game.

And now a question for all Pirates fans out there. Does anybody have any 1970-1976 double knits? I have a home one from 1972 that was also worn in 1973, but I am looking for anybody who has away jerseys from that era so that I can ask them questions about the tagging. Please let me know!

Comment

• genius
                          • Aug 2007

I have a 1976 Wilson away jersey with the Wilson tagging in the lower front corner and the player tagging in the neck with number/size/year format.

Comment

• hrvatwill
                            • Jan 2008

I have a 1976 Wilson away jersey with the Wilson tagging in the lower front corner and the player tagging in the neck with number/size/year format.
                            Many thanks, Genius! Any interest in selling that 1942 Pirates vintage jersey you posted a while back? If so, please e-mail me at hrvatwill@aol.com.

Comment

• hrvatwill
                              • Jan 2008

Picked up some vintage game used flannel jerseys in the Heritage Auctions Signature Auction. Should be arriving any day.

1. 1938 Ray Berres Pittsburgh Pirates Game Used Jersey
                              2. 1946 Nivk Strincevich Pittsburgh Pirates Game Used Jersey
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Shipp_96
                                • Feb 2011

Great classic Buccos jerseys! Glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking .

Comment

Working...