Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
Thanks for the compliments, jojac!

I agree, I have a full size curio filled with batting helmets. Half game worn, half retail signed. I think visually helmets display the nicest as well. As far as even return on investment, I have always got more out of worn helmets that jerseys, bats, caps or cleats.

I also feel matching a helmet is so much easier as they have more use as you stated and thus, more distinctive markings as well.

I will say my only beef with MLB used helmets is some of the 3M decals start to peel, which has actually made me sell off some lids I would of normally kept.

The decal issue can be a bit of a problem but for the most part that hasn't been to much of an issue for me. I thought part of the peeling issue may be due to the heavy wear and use on the helmet.
I also found they are by far the easiest item to photo match because of the distinctive markings as you stated.
The other thing that was nice about helmets is that they seemed to be reasonably priced compared to bats and jerseys. From what I'm seeing that's changed the past few years and the helmets took a jump in price for some of the recent players I've collected.