Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry The faking faker strikes again!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330025546649

Hmmm...a "team issued" jersey only worn for a couple of games in OCTOBER of 2001 that shows great wear, and somehow doesn't have the flag patch? Yep, it's a mystery to me how, when you make fake jerseys for fun and profit, you can screw up a detail like that...

Banned

Re: The faking faker strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post

Hmmm...a "team issued" jersey only worn for a couple of games in OCTOBER of 2001 that shows great wear, and somehow doesn't have the flag patch? Yep, it's a mystery to me how, when you make fake jerseys for fun and profit, you can screw up a detail like that...
    Did you e-mail the seller with your concerns?

What makes this jersey "fake"? He is not selling it as game used, but as game/team issued. Didn't we all decide long ago that if a Majestic jersey at least has the "0062" tag it is meant for the team?

I believe you are confused because the seller copied the text from the last American Memorabilia auction to explain why their jersey sold for $4000.00.

Not the best description, a bit deceiving, but he didn't state his jersey was ever game used.

"SAME SORT OF JERSEY SOLD IN THE AMERICAN MEMORABILIA AUCTION LAST YEAR FOR $4000 . HERE IS THE DESCPRITION OF THAT JERSEY "

I do not understand his concept copying the AMI description, but at least he attributes the description copying.

Banned

Mark-
    A few years ago (before I was aware of this sellers history) I purchased a "Ripken game worn jersey" from the same seller. When I received the jersey, the #'s/NOB were as stiff as a board. Likewise, the tagging was brand new. I later learned that the seller had purchased non-numbered/non-NOB jerseys at the O's garage sale and took them to a local company in Baltimore to have them made into Ripkens, Palmiero's, etc. A few posts have been dedicated to this seller on the old Forum, and likewise, I'm aware of his history through your posts, Mark.

What I find disturbing here is that he notes "THIS IS AN ORIOLES GAME ISSUED MAJESTIC HOME JERSEY". Granted, it is a game issued jersey, however, the seller does not disclose the fact that the name and numbers were never issued by the team and that it was added after he purchased a blank jersey.

I sent the seller an email, however, have never heard back.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Guys,

I believe this seller is Steve Hewitt out of Towson, Maryland. He has been the subject of several threads here on GUF. He has multiple eBay userids, but always the same auction format and always the same types of items. Do a search for the full story and all of the threads.

For the record, I used to email him all the time about his items and he would simply tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. He sold me some fake jerseys to me several years back (confirmed by Keith Vari, Dan Knoll, and others) and I finally convinced him that it was in his best interests to take them back for a refund. He took them back with ease; getting my refund was another story.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Yes, this guy is a joke. He has sold some completely bogus stuff in the past. And yes, there is such a thing as fake game issued jerseys. When they are game issued after you have made them that way, that constitutes being fake. I too have seen many of this guy's auctions before and he consistently keeps the bidder's user ID's private. Wonder why?

Tim

I bought some game used bats (no problems there) from this guy under the gadget sports ebay id last year . You say he is out of Maryland, maybe he moved , because the bats came from Sarasota, FL . I was going to meet him there, instead of having them shipped , but decided to pay the shipping . I was/am happy with my purchase's , BUT, I didn't buy jerseys .

what a mother faker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Did you e-mail the seller with your concerns?

What makes this jersey "fake"? He is not selling it as game used, but as game/team issued. Didn't we all decide long ago that if a Majestic jersey at least has the "0062" tag it is meant for the team?

I believe you are confused because the seller copied the text from the last American Memorabilia auction to explain why their jersey sold for $4000.00.

Not the best description, a bit deceiving, but he didn't state his jersey was ever game used.

"SAME SORT OF JERSEY SOLD IN THE AMERICAN MEMORABILIA AUCTION LAST YEAR FOR $4000 . HERE IS THE DESCPRITION OF THAT JERSEY "

I do not understand his concept copying the AMI description, but at least he attributes the description copying.
    Joel:
    He's attempting to sell this as a game/team issued RIPKEN jersey, not as a "jersey that I bought blank and bobo'd up for fun and PROFIT." That's a huge difference, and, if you can't see it...
    I was recently able to acquire three Orioles blank, black 0062 tagged jerseys, all size 46. I had them made up as a Tejada, Roberts and Markakis, to sell on eBay. When I advertise these jerseys, I call them "pro-cut," and make explicitly clear in the auction description that they were not issued, and, in fact, are not the correct size for these players. I give up a lot of $$$ that way, but, except during the fall when my enemies the trees try to kill me, I sleep really well at night.
    I would wonder if the faking faker does, but having some knowledge of how he gets his autographs, I believe he has as much conscience as a car bumper.
    Mark Sutton
    bigtime39@aol.com

Banned

Joel:
    He's attempting to sell this as a game/team issued RIPKEN jersey, not as a "jersey that I bought blank and bobo'd up for fun and PROFIT." That's a huge difference, and, if you can't see it...
    I was recently able to acquire three Orioles blank, black 0062 tagged jerseys, all size 46. I had them made up as a Tejada, Roberts and Markakis, to sell on eBay. When I advertise these jerseys, I call them "pro-cut," and make explicitly clear in the auction description that they were not issued, and, in fact, are not the correct size for these players. I give up a lot of $$$ that way, but, except during the fall when my enemies the trees try to kill me, I sleep really well at night.
    I would wonder if the faking faker does, but having some knowledge of how he gets his autographs, I believe he has as much conscience as a car bumper.
    Mark Sutton
    Mark, maybe the problem is there is no real definition for what a game issued jersey is and a team issued jersey is or a game ready jersey is.

People always assume they should be what they want, but are they really?

You could email the seller every time asking what they mean by game, team, ready, etc...but the real answer is that eBay has to define these terms (which they won't) so it makes it all the more difficult.

You can define each term on this forum, but that is not the bible for the terminology at this time.

With 20 hours to go, the bidding is up to $380, and the reserve has not been met...I anxiously await America's verdict...