Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

ebay seller TheSofaSurfer + a Billy Butler issued + fake provenance

thesofasurfer currently has listed a Billy Butler 2010 signed jersey that he is listing as game used and providing patently 100% FALSE and contrived chain of provenance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Butler-Kansas-Ci...item45fb2d76f3

I originally purchased this "team-issued" Butler jersey from an online Royals Charities auction in January 2011. In February I sold it to a collector as a game/team issued signed jersey. A month or two ago, that collector then listed it on ebay as a game/team issued jersey and sold it to TheSofaSurfer. This fact I just confirmed with the guy I sold the jersey to.

Thesofasurfer is now listing the jersey as game used with a fake story of provenance. "Obtained from Billy's neighbor who watches his dog while he's on the road."

The jersey showed no use, when I owned it. I bought it from Royals Charities hoping it was game used, when it was clearly not game used, I decided to sell.

To prove this is the same jersey, you can note the exact perfect matching of the autograph on the jersey I originally purchased to the jersey currently for sale by thesofasurfer. His picture first, mine is second. The top of the first B clips the corner of the 6, there is a stitching anamoly just to the right of that. The second B has a smudge on the bottom stitching. And everything else is perfectly identical. And as a Butler collector I can tell you, no two Butler autographs are exactly the same.

It is, in my opinion, conclusive especially when combined with the known chain of custody.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell