X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LostExpo
    Banned
    • Jun 2011

Re: ebay seller TheSofaSurfer + a Billy Butler issued + fake provenance

no there is nothin wrong with it at all....... a lot of people know on here i plan on sewing on an authentic 1998 30th ann. Expos patch on my 2001 grey vlad guerrero....... if i was ever to sell it (which would never happen) i would just tell the buyer what i did and why..........BUT the only thing i am kinda iffy about is adding patches that were never on that exact style jersey, if yah know what i mean

Comment

• EurekaDave
      • Sep 2005

The whole issue of "pro-cut," "Issued," etc. is a can of worms in itself. Such terms imply that some official entity produced the jersey.

I once asked a seller what was meant by "issued." He said it could have been worn by a player for team photos. You just have to be so, so careful these days because the language is ambiguous, and probably intended to be so.

Dave Silverbrand

Comment

• jbsportstuff
        • Mar 2009

Just recently this same seller listed an Aroldis Chapman jersey as an Aroldis game used away bats jersey 2010. You had to look in the description to see this wording, but it was clearly there. I knew it was fake because there was only one away Chapman Bats jersey and I know who owns it.

He has re-listed the item taking off the claim that it was actually worn by Aroldis or even game used at all.

I have major issues with anyone who pulls this kind of nonsense.

Comment

• gingi79
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by EurekaDave
          I once asked a seller what was meant by "issued." He said it could have been worn by a player for team photos.
          Dave Silverbrand
          The worst part Dave is that if he knew it was worn in a photoshoot, it would be listed as Game Worn or Game Used.

MeiGray taught me a lot about game worns and so I'll pass along a quick story. They authenticated 5 sets of jerseys for an All Star game. One was worn for the Warmup, one for period 1, one for period 2, one for period 3 and one for the photoshoot/publicity. MeiGray's documents list it as "Photocall" or "Publicity Used" They do this in part so that a Sid Crosby fan doesn't drop $20k on a MeiGray registered "game worn All Star jersey" that he sweated in while he was being interviewed and then took off and handed to Barry. The tag sewn in has a number and you can go to the website, enter the number, viola! details.
          Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• ziggy
            • Oct 2007

just did a search on thesofasurfer ebay activity....he just picked up some blank cleveland indians issued jerseys

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
              • May 2015

I just went through a terrible experience with thesofasurfer, he bought a Yankees team issue blank and went berserk over me taking 4 days to ship. He seemed shady so I cancelled the order and held the jersey. Looking at these posts I bet he was going to add numbers and sell it as a gamer? In any case, I feel good I'm not having to deal with him anymore .

Comment

Working...