Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Palehose:

While I can't read the year/month code on your photo of the Wilson tag, the jersey, if intended for Thayer to wear, would have to be from 1991 or 1992 based on the presence of the NFL neck logo. Plus, in 1993, Thayer was with Miami and Champion was supplying the Bears.

If the year code is D, it's a 1991. If it's E, it's 1992. If it's anything else, I would question whether it was actually issued to Thayer.

Dave Miedema

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If the year code is D, it's a 1991. If it's E, it's 1992. If it's anything else, I would question whether it was actually issued to Thayer.

Dave Miedema
    Spot on Dave. I always have to question jerseys from that period, for that exact reason - the CODE. Something just seems off with the length of that jersey too. I always seem to recall that the retail authentics were shorter. More of a t-shirt style. But, then again, I have not seem many legitimate jerseys from that time period either.

Palehose - welcome to the board. Very nice collection you are putting together. Very nice to see others gear, and with a great diversity between era's. Neat Stuff.