Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcgreg25
    • Jan 2008

Re: July pick-ups

Picked up a couple more Victor Martinez uniforms including the Detroit Stars Negro League uniform (hat and jersey) as well as the TBTC uniform (hat, jersey and pants) worn this past weekend.

I also purchased a pretty cool item in the recent Lelands auction. Herb Score's Scorebook from the Indians 1996 season. It is a pretty cool item in which Score kept score for every game from the 1996 season. In addition to the general scoring it has all kinds of other interesting details like weather, rain delays, etc. The Indians lost in the first round that year but had a great regular season and several HOF players on the team.

Comment

• Preston
      • Mar 2010

Not sure if I have anything special here or not, but this looks like an old-school Buffalo Bills jersey (also looks just a LITTLE like an old-school SMU Mustangs jersey)

I'm hoping it's game used but I paid $3 for it so it's probably not - anyone have any insight?
      Attached Files

Comment

• worldchamps
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Preston
        Not sure if I have anything special here or not, but this looks like an old-school Buffalo Bills jersey (also looks just a LITTLE like an old-school SMU Mustangs jersey)

I'm hoping it's game used but I paid $3 for it so it's probably not - anyone have any insight?
        I would say it is retail Carl banks jersey, still good deal for $3
        sigpic

Comment

• gorilla777
          • Aug 2009

Chili Davis 1998 World Series GU bat

Ben
          Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Palehose for Life
            Not really a Cubs fan as I have close to 100 White Sox jerseys but its still Chicago so I picked this 1977 Larry Bittner home jersey up over the weekend.

What I like about this vintage jersey is the fact that its now a retired number for Billy Williams.

Dave M. I don't see a manufactors tag on the jersey who would have been the supplier during this time period and where would the tag have been located?

Thanks
            Wilson made all Cubs knits from 1972-86, and all would have the manufacturer label in the collar, above the long strip tag. A lot of those in that era were sent down to the minors, and the Wilson tags on a few of 'em apparently became disengaged due to all the launderings.

Dave Miedema

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

[quote=Preston;259185]Not sure if I have anything special here or not, but this looks like an old-school Buffalo Bills jersey (also looks just a LITTLE like an old-school SMU Mustangs jersey)

I'm hoping it's game used but I paid $3 for it so it's probably not - anyone have any insight?[/quote)

At $3, still a buy. The Champion tag would indicate mid-late 1980s issuance, so the jersey is at least 22-25 years old.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• DJaeger22
                • Oct 2010

Picked up a BP used Drew Storen bat, Storen P-Nats bobblehead, and my favorite so far, Storen's game used and signed cleats already matched to opening day this year through at least the first month

Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• Preston
                  • Mar 2010

[quote=sox83cubs84;259262]
                  Originally posted by Preston
                  Not sure if I have
                  At $3, still a buy. The Champion tag would indicate mid-late 1980s issuance, so the jersey is at least 22-25 years old.

Dave Miedema
                  Definitely not quite as good as finding a Haynesworth gamer, but I was almost leaning toward it being a Bills v. a Giants jersey. I guess with NNOB Champion didn't have the rights to put the name, likeness, logo or etc. on there, huh?

Comment

• shaunharr
                    • May 2010

Greg Golson Marucci
                    February 2009 order
                    Thank you,

Shaun Harr
                    shaun.harr@yahoo.com
                    Always look for game used anything of J.R. Towles, Ross Stripling, Tyler Naquin, and German Duran.

Comment

• brewcrew
                      • Mar 2011

Just got this in the mail today. Some of you might remember that a while back I was asking about the well being of Jim Themelis. Well, he's had some health issues but he is still live and kicking and was able to hook me up with this Peoria Chiefs game used jersey from the early 1990s. It was a recycled Jerome Walton Cubs jersey from the 1990 season. The ASG patch was removed and replaced with the Peoria Tricentennial patch. The patch needs to be glued (it's rubberized, I've never seen anything like it) but otherwise the jersey is in great GU condition.

I have fond memories of walking to Meinen Field with my mom to see Chiefs games during the summer when I was a kid....this jersey evokes positive thoughts of a hometown that is now miles and miles away. Thanks to Jim for this tremendous opportunity!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• chipperhank44
                        • Jan 2010

Just picked up this Robbie Erlin Game Used Jersey last night. Pretty excited to add a top 50 prospect to the collection. Enjoy watching him pitch at the Roughriders games, he's my new fav now that Martin Perez is in AAA.

Comment

• ahuff
                          • Nov 2005

So you are the one that outbid me!!! I was the next highest bidder.

I too thought it was cool as Billy Williams is one of my all-time favorite Cubbies. I know it isn't Billy's, but it was cool. What I really liked about it was that it was from the year my wife was born!!!

If you ever want to part with it please let me know...I am a huge Cubbie fan and want something from that '77 season.

Originally posted by Palehose for Life
                          Not really a Cubs fan as I have close to 100 White Sox jerseys but its still Chicago so I picked this 1977 Larry Bittner home jersey up over the weekend.

What I like about this vintage jersey is the fact that its now a retired number for Billy Williams.

Dave M. I don't see a manufactors tag on the jersey who would have been the supplier during this time period and where would the tag have been located?

Thanks
                          "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                            • Jun 2008

A couple new additions to my Hawaii collection.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• gameu08
                              • Sep 2008

picked up a:

Jacoby Ellsbury MLB and Steiner authenticated bat
                              Martin Prado Gamer
                              Mike Morse MLB authenticated bat
                              Attached Files

Comment

• CampWest
                                • May 2008

This is going to be the last thing I pick up for a really long time...

... Well the last thing I buy until I order a couple personalized bats and what not.

sigpic
                                Wes Campbell

Comment

Working...